Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestial schools: Which to choose?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2012
Hey fellow wizards!
Abigail Pixieheart here and I would like some help.
I am nearing my final quest in Dragonspyre (Or at least I'm pretty sure its the last ) and I'm about to fight Mailistair. Celestia is right around the corner and that brings to me the choice of a new kind of school. Sun, star, and moon.
i am familiar the most with star, since my dragon sidekick has vengeance, but I am quite stumped with what I want to do. And thus I come to you people!
I would like advice on your experiences with the school as well as recommendations for which school is best! Anything you can possibly say is welcome.
So which is it? oror?
Thank a bunch!
-Abigail Pixieheart lvl 50 grandmaster theurgist

Defender
May 06, 2011
Abigail PixieHeart on Jun 30, 2015 wrote:
Hey fellow wizards!
Abigail Pixieheart here and I would like some help.
I am nearing my final quest in Dragonspyre (Or at least I'm pretty sure its the last ) and I'm about to fight Mailistair. Celestia is right around the corner and that brings to me the choice of a new kind of school. Sun, star, and moon.
i am familiar the most with star, since my dragon sidekick has vengeance, but I am quite stumped with what I want to do. And thus I come to you people!
I would like advice on your experiences with the school as well as recommendations for which school is best! Anything you can possibly say is welcome.
So which is it? oror?
Thank a bunch!
-Abigail Pixieheart lvl 50 grandmaster theurgist
My recommendation is . Enchants are very useful in the worlds above, in my opinion It improves your spells by a lot! Has helped me a whole bunch when it comes to beating a boss or trying to kill all enemies without having to wait for another spell or wait for the DoT to kill it.

Also, I guess a bit of would be ok. Fortify and Amplify are pretty helpful.

And ... I wouldn't really recommend it as much.

Katherine DragonbladeLevel 100

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Every player should train all the Sun damage boosts as soon as you can. Usually you'll want only the damage, not the others until Potent Trap and Sharpen blade. Everyone needs those.

Star spells are useful to most players but which ones will depend on your school and play style.

Fortify for defense. Amplify for universal damage boost. Infallible for PvP and enemies that resist or shield your damage. Mend for healing boosts. Vengeance to increase the chance for critical heals and attacks. Later you can get school specific boosts you'll probably want.

Most of the Astral spells come as treasure cards, so if you aren't sure what to train, try the TC first and see how they work. Get the damage boosts though. You want those for sure.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Like those who replied before me, spells are a must for every wizard (except in one special circumstance).
But spells are a waste of points in my opinion. They change you into something with either low health or low attack. So in my experienced opinion, dont get them.
Now spells aren't a must like spells, but they definitely help out. My recommendations would be fortify (-15% incoming damage) and amplify (+15% outgoing damage) to start out.
Later on, you might want decide to get spells such as empowerment (gain 1 pip for incoming spells rank 4+) and cycle of life/mend (cycle of life gives 5% more outgoing healing and increases power pip chance but adds 10% incoming death damage and is not available until level 84).

That is just my recommendation, I hope it helps.
Nicholas Ravenblood 100
and more...

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I would recommend either school or school. Enchants can make a big impact on the amount of damage you do, while those auras could be useful in different situations. I would say polymorph spells aren't as important, but some people like to pack a few of those as treasure cards for back up. That is probably what I would do if I were you. I say start with the spells and once you have good enchants and you are in higher worlds, better spells will be open to you. I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I recommend training all the Sun spells except the mutates (mutates are situational for your play style).

Some star spells like Vengeance (critical heals), Fortify (when the mobs attack you after a big heal), Empowerment (if you solo).

I've only had success with Moon spells on my Myth.....and their usefulness degrades the farther you progress beyond Celestia.