Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Poor Little Monstrous Snow Spider!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Why the hate for Abominable Weaver? I don't know the last time I've seen a spell more neglected than that one. Everyone keeps calling it mediocre. What's wrong with it?

David Thundermancer 56

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Most people don't like it because it isn't multi targeted and offers a mainly defensive bonus. Most people wanted their high level spells to give more offensive bonuses or simply more damage. Compare it to the storm level 100 card: it does more damage, is multi targeted, and removes all positives from a target. The only draw back is a 10% accuracy difference which is really insignificant.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
MrCircle on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
Most people don't like it because it isn't multi targeted and offers a mainly defensive bonus. Most people wanted their high level spells to give more offensive bonuses or simply more damage. Compare it to the storm level 100 card: it does more damage, is multi targeted, and removes all positives from a target. The only draw back is a 10% accuracy difference which is really insignificant.
But Storm historically gets better spells. That is its only strength. You can't compare Glowbug Squall to Abominable Weaver!

Hero
May 07, 2015
NeoNebula17 on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Why the hate for Abominable Weaver? I don't know the last time I've seen a spell more neglected than that one. Everyone keeps calling it mediocre. What's wrong with it?

David Thundermancer 56
i actlly think its really cute

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Damage, multi-hit, single hit...this response has nothing to do with any of those issues...
There are some really imaginative spell animations in W101. Some are absolutely gorgeous... Sun Serpent comes to mind. Others are threatening, ominous and sometimes downright sinister... Call of Khrulhu is all of these. And then we have animations that could have been so much more but fell a little flat... Snow Angel and Scald could be incredible but one is mediocre at best and the other has no animation at all.
Finally we have the goofy category. The flatulant Gobbler, the irritating Taunts, Catch of the Day and all of the others that are humourous to a degree. At the top of my list for goofy spells is Abominable Weaver. I don't care how much damage it does, it's funny. Every time I see it it's funny. I don't hate it but it sure is funny. Monstrous, and yet, funny.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
i think it should at least be an attack + mega taunt to all in addition to the defensive bonus. falls in line and combines the aspects of the ice school, such as a Lv100 spell should do.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
honestly I think its a creepy spell I mean really look at whats going on when the spell gets casted. the spider freezes then dances at you while your frozen as if mocking you going ha haha ha ha ha I mean really? who does that? kinda sketchy if ya ask me lol idk not a very impressive spell othe than the -75 on the caster pfff lol just want that tower off do a little ffa action and its gg wheeler of the frozen elements lol
yours truly
liam stormbrand

REPRESENTING TEAM BRING IT