Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone tell me the cost of this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2014
So,i told myself i wanted to start investing in a pet,and i found that i really like the strange beast.Now since the bundle is no longer available,i can only get it thru hatching.If i find someone with a strange beast,and i have an aqua dragon,how much is it gonna cost me to hatch?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
KingOfWindWakers on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
So,i told myself i wanted to start investing in a pet,and i found that i really like the strange beast.Now since the bundle is no longer available,i can only get it thru hatching.If i find someone with a strange beast,and i have an aqua dragon,how much is it gonna cost me to hatch?
Hatching costs are based on the pets' pedigrees, the total of all their possible talents. The higher they are, the more the hatching cost. If you are hatching late generation pets with good talents, hatches will cost 40-50k gold. If you're starting out with early generation pets that still have selfish talents and lower pedigree, in the 25-30k+ range.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Hatching costs are based on the pets' pedigrees, the total of all their possible talents. The higher they are, the more the hatching cost. If you are hatching late generation pets with good talents, hatches will cost 40-50k gold. If you're starting out with early generation pets that still have selfish talents and lower pedigree, in the 25-30k+ range.
Is it total pedigree, or is it based on their age? I've only half-heartedly tried to figure it out.

I've had some pets with high pedigrees that I hatched and it seemed like it was more based on their age. If I had two really high pedigree pets that were only adult, the hatching cost was low. But if one of the pets is Ancient, Epic, or Mega, the cost seems to increase by a few thousand for each age group. Chances are (learned?) talents affect the cost variances too.

Like I say I haven't put a lot of effort into actually figuring it out, that's just what I recall noticing in my experiences. It is entirely possible that I just wasn't paying close enough attention to instances (or haven't experienced them) that might challenge that perspective.