Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where do I put training points in other schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
So my main school is balance. From what I can gather:

Life: Up to Satyr. 7 Training Points.
Death: Up to Feint. 7 Training Points.
Fire: Up to Meteor Strike. 7 Training Points.
Ice: Up to Tower Shield. 5 Training Points.
Myth: Could not find any recommendations on how far to train this school.
Storm: Could not find any recommendations on how far to train this school.

How far should one take Myth and Storm as secondary schools? At least for Balance Wizards, or are they not recommended at all for my school as a secondary?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Generally I save the other points for Sun, Star and Shadow school spells.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Umitencho on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
So my main school is balance. From what I can gather:

Life: Up to Satyr. 7 Training Points.
Death: Up to Feint. 7 Training Points.
Fire: Up to Meteor Strike. 7 Training Points.
Ice: Up to Tower Shield. 5 Training Points.
Myth: Could not find any recommendations on how far to train this school.
Storm: Could not find any recommendations on how far to train this school.

How far should one take Myth and Storm as secondary schools? At least for Balance Wizards, or are they not recommended at all for my school as a secondary?
Here is a guide I used for my Balance.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-broken-mold-how-to-thrive-as-balance-in-the-new-paradigms/

I did Death to Feint, the tri blade/traps from Niles and then started the Sun spells in Celestia to Colossus, you don't have to take the accuracy ones to progress in the fist ones. I fall a bit short on the pet but am working on that.

Mary

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
I don't know what level your wizard is, but you may not be aware of the Astral school trainers in Celestia and beyond which also offer your wizard(s) training points to use on various beneficial spells.

Life: I agree, Satyr will boost your self healing as well as for your group. This almost necessary use of spending training points will help tremendously in higher level zones where you, or a group mate is critically hit repeatedly.

Death: Feint is an unequaled damage boost, and you have the ability to shield against the damage with a Balance school exclusively trainable spell. In Azteca, you could choose to learn the Potent Trap which will boost Feint even further.

Fire: I'm not sure why you feel the need for Meteor Strike when you have, or eventually will have Powernova and Ra.

Ice: I don't why you want to spend training points for shielding you already possess.

Myth: As an alternate school, Myth offers the very beneficial spell Earthquake, but it is only gained after spending 9 training points and you can easily purchase this spell in the Bazaar, a vendor, or craft it.

Storm: I feel that choosing this school as an secondary will divert your attention to boosting Accuracy vs. Damage, and cause for longer duels.

You may even feel the need to spend a few training points on additional Shadow Magic spells at your higher levels.

Honestly, there are so many ways to play your wizard; some offering more challenge than others. I hope my opinions assist you in your choice of play-style, as I don't wish to tell you "how to play".

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
You certainly will want Sun and Star spells. My balance didn't train any life or ice spells, and i've never missed them, but it depends what you are doing. For PvP you need Tower shields. Questing you don't.

Off school attacks are no use without mastery, and generally unneeded, so Fire, Storm, Myth, etc isn't usually recommended.

Train Infallible and all the Sun damage boosts for sure. Feint has served me well.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Thank you all for the advice!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
So I am looking to do a Balance Wizard with Life and Death. How far should I train the sun, star, or shadow schools?