Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting jewel does not produce proper lvl

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
I just got together the reagents needed to perform the Death Jewel 95+ recipe sold from Khrysalis... to my surprise the recipe gave me a Clear Critical Onyx! If you're not familiar with the jewel terms: a "clear" jewel is lvl 85+ and in fact it is a lvl 85 jewel.
From my understand the recipe is meant to give a lvl 95 Death jewel, which is not happening.

~R

Administrator
Hello,

I apologize for the confusion but this is working as intended. It is possible to get a lower level jewel from your crafting recipe.

In a future update we will be adjusting the name of the crafting recipes to show that there is a level range to the resulting jewel that is crafted. This should make it more clear.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Could you go ahead and tell us now what possible levels to expect?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
This is way more randomness that was expected, not point in crafted jewels now, too much work to not even get the correct level from the recipes :(

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Looks like this "feature" means, crafters like me won't be buying any of those reagent packs, either.

I couldn't think of a better way to remove all incentive to buy something with crowns, that you can get just by doing a collect quest in Tyrian gorge.

Will be passing this info along to any of my friends I see today, who might be thinking of crafting gems. Thanks for the heads-up!

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

I apologize for the confusion but this is working as intended. It is possible to get a lower level jewel from your crafting recipe.

In a future update we will be adjusting the name of the crafting recipes to show that there is a level range to the resulting jewel that is crafted. This should make it more clear.
This is extremely disappointing. Why should I spend the effort farming enemies to get the Orichalcum, when it might only create a jewel that requires Mithril? No offense Professor Greyrose, but this unexpected change is totally unfair and unacceptable. Whoever came up with this jewel level range idea needs to go back to the jewel crafting table, so to speak. If you're going to keep it this way, at least bring back the Opal jewel recipes.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Errol Everhart on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
This is extremely disappointing. Why should I spend the effort farming enemies to get the Orichalcum, when it might only create a jewel that requires Mithril? No offense Professor Greyrose, but this unexpected change is totally unfair and unacceptable. Whoever came up with this jewel level range idea needs to go back to the jewel crafting table, so to speak. If you're going to keep it this way, at least bring back the Opal jewel recipes.
You're not alone in that opinion, Errol. I have yet to talk to any customer who enjoys this idea, every reaction I have read has been negative. It would be wise to reconsider this new "random range" crafting dynamic.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Errol Everhart on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I agree, and it's not just this part of the jewel crafting update that needs some fixing and cleaning up. In my opinion the entire jewel crafting needs another look over because it looks to me like it is still something that should be in the test realm working out its issues.

Edit: I've crafted five gems now. 2 level 55+ fire gems and 3 level 65+ fire gems, all of them came out as different strengths of level 55+ flat fire resist. Disappointment is still mounting.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
I agree with the posters above... the jewel crafting system was working greatly on Test, I crafted a few of them and even if it wasn't one I wanted, it was giving me good results. However creating a level range and removing the opal recipes are extremely disappointing changes, more than that this update was implemented during the break for "internal testing" and not pointed to players at all... how are we supposed to provide feedback on uninformed changes? And why such changes were made?
I'm sure we have Test Realm for a reason and that KI should know the lack of complains in jewelry crafting means the system is working fine so no reason to change it. I fail to see the point of those changes, the recipes already are random and the metals are not easy to come by... farming for reagents and crafting jewels have been reduced from a decent option to a pointless effort as it's not more reliable than the hoard pack and not easier than farming for the jewels itself. I can't find any report of someone claiming the crafting side of socketing system is problematic, so based on what feedback were those changes made?
Of course, not all actions should be based on player feedback but these changes won't do any good for you guys either... it only annoys crafters, redirects people (who wants jewels) to very similar farming and doesn't help sell more packs either.
So please, reconsider these unasked changes in this good update.

~R

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Ravino Nightingale on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I agree with the posters above... the jewel crafting system was working greatly on Test, I crafted a few of them and even if it wasn't one I wanted, it was giving me good results. However creating a level range and removing the opal recipes are extremely disappointing changes, more than that this update was implemented during the break for "internal testing" and not pointed to players at all... how are we supposed to provide feedback on uninformed changes? And why such changes were made?
I'm sure we have Test Realm for a reason and that KI should know the lack of complains in jewelry crafting means the system is working fine so no reason to change it. I fail to see the point of those changes, the recipes already are random and the metals are not easy to come by... farming for reagents and crafting jewels have been reduced from a decent option to a pointless effort as it's not more reliable than the hoard pack and not easier than farming for the jewels itself. I can't find any report of someone claiming the crafting side of socketing system is problematic, so based on what feedback were those changes made?
Of course, not all actions should be based on player feedback but these changes won't do any good for you guys either... it only annoys crafters, redirects people (who wants jewels) to very similar farming and doesn't help sell more packs either.
So please, reconsider these unasked changes in this good update.

~R
"How are we supposed to provide feedback on uninformed changes?"

My sentiments precisely. There may as well not be a Test Realm if executive decision comes in at the last minute and takes things a completely different direction. User testing and quality assurance are supposed to prevent things like this from ever happening.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

I have thought about it and since this was intended and not a blatant "Bait and switch", I have come up with a simple solution

Each player can have up to 6 wizards so all that needs to be done to utilize these changes is as follows.
1. Each player create 6 wizards
a. 45 lvl
b. 55 lvl
c. 65 lvl
d. 75 lvl
e. 85 lvl
f 100 lvl

craft or open all packs on lvl 100 then distribute them to others accordingly lvl 45 being most versatile and using jewels from 15 to 45 there you go ezpz now no more complaining please take this idea and run with it as it was the intention of ki all along instead of changing your response of what was intended from post to post you reply in.

Ty

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
dune327 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Could you go ahead and tell us now what possible levels to expect?
That is ezpz
Recipes:
Lvl 15 = lvl 15
lvl 25 = lvl 25-15
lvl 35 = lvl 35-15
lvl 45 = lvl 45-15
lvl 55 = lvl 55-15
lvl 65 = lvl 65-15
lvl 75 = lvl 75-15
lvl 85 = lvl 85-15
lvl 95 = lvl 95-15

With emphasis and all likeliness on acquiring a jewel that is mid to low on the range you crafted in.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2014
White Mage on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
That is ezpz
Recipes:
Lvl 15 = lvl 15
lvl 25 = lvl 25-15
lvl 35 = lvl 35-15
lvl 45 = lvl 45-15
lvl 55 = lvl 55-15
lvl 65 = lvl 65-15
lvl 75 = lvl 75-15
lvl 85 = lvl 85-15
lvl 95 = lvl 95-15

With emphasis and all likeliness on acquiring a jewel that is mid to low on the range you crafted in.
so crafting the jewel could be a big waste of time if you only have time for one max level wizard
like most of us. OK so where do we find the good ones without crafting? (I'm speaking for max
levels here but lower levels need to know too. Also wonder if jewels will become available to
buy and sell on bazaar?

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
White Mage on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
That is ezpz
Recipes:
Lvl 15 = lvl 15
lvl 25 = lvl 25-15
lvl 35 = lvl 35-15
lvl 45 = lvl 45-15
lvl 55 = lvl 55-15
lvl 65 = lvl 65-15
lvl 75 = lvl 75-15
lvl 85 = lvl 85-15
lvl 95 = lvl 95-15

What you're describing here is that basically every jewel crafted will be level 15+, regardless. I don't think they would create such wide level ranges, and I certainly hope they wouldn't.

I spent most of my time farming various Khrysalis bosses last night, and the level 95 jewels seemed to be dropping fairly regularly. With that in mind, it seems that jewel crafting is as pointless as crafting 1st Arc gear, and I'll only do so if I inadvertently collect enough orichalcum.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
I have a Question regardless of random level jewel you receive from crafting 95 recipe.

Why are different school dispels a different price please explain how this is fair.
1. Ice , Fire , Storm cost 700 gold each x18 needed for 95 recipe =12600
2. Myth , Death , Balance cost 1500 each x18 needed for 95 recipe =27000
3. Life Cost 3000 each x 18 needed for 95 recipe = 54000

How is this fair could understand variance in price let say from bazarr based on supply up but Npc as unlimited so that is not issue the random value placed on items by Ki is absurd especially now that such a generic item is needed to craft we get elemental schools are Ki pets/ favorite seeing how everything is designed to benefit them and they are the biggest whiners on forum but this is ridiculous so life expected to pay almost 5 times the amount of an elemental school to craft a 95 jewel recipe and most likely get a jewel between level 55-85 yeah that's really a balanced system in place.