Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing Ravenwood News

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2014
I havent seen the Ravenwood News in months when I open the desktop launcher for Wizard 101. I either get a page that says visit the KI twitter page for information about server updates, or the page saying this program can not display the website. The odd thing is I can still login and actually play the game, it appears to be loading my patches just fine. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this issue? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game that didn't work. I have written customer help twice with no response and even checked to make my security software isn't blocking the program.

Administrator
Hello,

Try this and see if it fixes your issue. Make sure the box for "Use TLS 1.0" is checked in the Advanced Settings for your Internet Explorer browser.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
I have had this same issue also.
It started when I logged in after an update some months back.

After reading your post, Professor, I tried your possible solution.
It did not work for me. There is no change to my Log-in screen.

As near as I can tell, I will have to reload the whole of the Spiral.
I will do this when I get a new computer in a couple of months.

Thank you for your efforts!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I've had the same issue for months, and support was no help whatsoever. Your browser, Professor, has nothing to do with the launch screen for the game. Your tip, therefore, did not work sorry.

If support would actually DO something about this, it would be helpful. Again, they have already been contacted several times with nothing done. For months. Many maintenance's etc., have been done in that time.

Administrator
RavenLady777 on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
I've had the same issue for months, and support was no help whatsoever. Your browser, Professor, has nothing to do with the launch screen for the game. Your tip, therefore, did not work sorry.

If support would actually DO something about this, it would be helpful. Again, they have already been contacted several times with nothing done. For months. Many maintenance's etc., have been done in that time.
Hello,

The launcher for the game actually is a browser window. The setting I mentioned affects how it displays our launcher. So yes, it does actually have something to do with it.

If you changed the setting I mentioned above, and it did not have an effect, that is a separate issue.

community@wizard101.com