Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emberstone Tiger

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
Hey guys, I recently got an emberstone tiger for my fire school wizard

I've gotten him up to ancient level, and right now she has a few abilities that are pretty good, but I'm wondering what other ones I can get. Currently she'll randomly cast vengeance, and also gives me immolate and grand phoenix cards in battle. I know I still have two more stages to advance her into mega and epic. Will I get more once I get to those stages or is there something I need to do myself to get her to learn more abilities? Also, would breeding her with another good pet give myself a good hybrid pet? If so, what one should I get up to do this. All comments are appreciated and thanks for the help in advance!!

~Blaze Dragoneyes Lv 47

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Every time you 'level up' your pet it gains a status.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BlazeDeYes on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:

I've gotten him up to ancient level, and right now she has a few abilities that are pretty good, but I'm wondering what other ones I can get. Currently she'll randomly cast vengeance, and also gives me immolate and grand phoenix cards in battle. I know I still have two more stages to advance her into mega and epic. Will I get more once I get to those stages or is there something I need to do myself to get her to learn more abilities? Also, would breeding her with another good pet give myself a good hybrid pet? If so, what one should I get up to do this. All comments are appreciated and thanks for the help in advance!!

~Blaze Dragoneyes Lv 47
Here is a list of the talents your cat could get

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Emberstone_Tiger

Hybrid pets have mainly stuck to just school pets. With all other pets you get a chance of 10 talents pulled from both parents, you will get one or the other parent look a like and you have a chance at manifesting 5 of the 10 talents with training. Talents are set at hatch so no matter what kind of voodoo dance you do while training it does not improve your chances of getting certain talents.

If you are interested in certain talents but want the look of your current one you must hatch with someone who has a pet with or could get, the talents you want and hope you get the look of the pet you want.

Example, I wanted my fire wizard to have the Leopard pet, it does not get spritely so I hatched with a Phonix pet and got my leopard in the hatch and it got Spritley by adult. It has may case fire blade, Smoke Screen and Spritely at Ancient, now I would like to mix it up a bit and try to get spell proof in there so it's back to the drawing board for me but we have a bumper crop of Star Fish to work with.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BlazeDeYes on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:

~Blaze Dragoneyes Lv 47
Her possible stats are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Emberstone_Tiger

There is no guarantee as to what talent she may or may not get. There are also no hybrids created with this pet so you will not get that by hatching. Depending on what you hatch with, you may get better talents/stats. You may not.