Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-healing AoE Death spell solution

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
dayerider i finally realized why you keep trying to tear at storm because this got shot down sll schools that aren't storm already have good damage centaur dear knight mammoth just not better then storm just like no school thats not life has better heals then them and no school thats not fire has better damage over time then them no school thats not death (i think don't even have health drains) no school thats not ice has better defense than them no school thats not myth has more minions then them no school thats not balance has more stacking blades and better attacks that do damage of 3 schools and please dayerider let it stay that way
Im not "tearing at storm" as you say because it got shot down. ideas get shot down all the time. What is bothering me is that it got shot down because people have an issue with thinking that if another school gets a strong spell, then storm is worthless... that and people not reading what I wrote. The very FIRST reply said:

"Wow, you're trying to make this better than storm's tempest"

Tempest is a L28 spell, this would be a L80 spell, and yet the first reply was about the spell's attack and NOT the fact that this spell has a requirement that's more than triple the character level. Shouldn't a L80 spell do more damage than a L28 spell regardless of which school it is?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Im not "tearing at storm" as you say because it got shot down. ideas get shot down all the time. What is bothering me is that it got shot down because people have an issue with thinking that if another school gets a strong spell, then storm is worthless... that and people not reading what I wrote. The very FIRST reply said:

Tempest is a L28 spell, this would be a L80 spell, and yet the first reply was about the spell's attack and NOT the fact that this spell has a requirement that's more than triple the character level. Shouldn't a L80 spell do more damage than a L28 spell regardless of which school it is?
well fine if death gets one storm needs a new x rank thats better then it i am just upset because its easy to give another a school a spell that makes storm a little less worth using and if most of them didn't get shot down they would eventually ruin storm 3 you're fighting for if 1 of these 3 got through storm would be fine if all 3 got through storm would be ruined so thats why i try to shoot down them all i know i could leave one alone but what if i fail to shoot 1 or 2 down then storm really would be on the verge of breaking

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
dayerider on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:

Hey, yeah that's me who said that.

Level 28 spell vs. Level 80 spell? Promethean storms use their spell they got 62 levels ago, all the time. Whether it is to spam with colossal and their 90+ damage boost or to hit 50 000+ to kill bosses with all their boost it is useful. Having the spell requirement at a lower level doesn't really matter, can you see a level 30 storm wiz that just got tempest hitting 50 000+ storm damage? They don't even have enchants yet. Please don't say something like, 'so locust swarm should be stronger than sabertooth", because they both aren't X spells, sorry.
Just wanted to type out what I was thinking at the time I posted that first post, cause I don't want confusion or people asking questions based off my post.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey, yeah that's me who said that.

Level 28 spell vs. Level 80 spell? Promethean storms use their spell they got 62 levels ago, all the time. Whether it is to spam with colossal and their 90+ damage boost or to hit 50 000+ to kill bosses with all their boost it is useful. Having the spell requirement at a lower level doesn't really matter, can you see a level 30 storm wiz that just got tempest hitting 50 000+ storm damage? They don't even have enchants yet. Please don't say something like, 'so locust swarm should be stronger than sabertooth", because they both aren't X spells, sorry.
Just wanted to type out what I was thinking at the time I posted that first post, cause I don't want confusion or people asking questions based off my post.
ah, I see, so the only thing that seems to really matter is how much damage a spell does regardless of level you get it at. Well, that does seem to fall in line with people's opinions. To me, I feel that if a spell is given with a higher level requirement, it SHOULD do more than than a lower level requirement spell (even if it is an X-pip spell). Comparing damage a wizard can do at earlier levels vs later leves isnt a fair comparison because their gear/spells aren't anywhere near as good. If everything was the same, that would be a fair comparison.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i like the idea kind of if you think these are ok storm new x rank 130 damage per pip fire 150 damage over 3 rounds per pip life 120 heal to all per pip all at level 85 no mutations tc or pets with them too

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
i like the idea kind of if you think these are ok storm new x rank 130 damage per pip fire 150 damage over 3 rounds per pip life 120 heal to all per pip all at level 85 no mutations tc or pets with them too
1) storm new x rank 130 damage per pip

no problem with it if it's a single enemy spell.

2) fire 150 damage over 3 rounds

no less than this tho I wouldnt mind seeing it at 160/pip. Would you object to giving fire an AoE X-pip? Many of their spells are AoE.

3) life 120 heal to all per pip

Im not life and I LOVE this idea

4) at level 85

Level 80 minimal, that's for sure

5) no mutations tc or pets with them too

agreed

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
dayerider on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:

no less than this tho I wouldnt mind seeing it at 160/pip. Would you object to giving fire an AoE X-pip? Many of their spells are AoE.

4) at level 85

agreed
Dude just give it up. Seriously. Your idea was bad, so stop. The point is, you can't just increase the amount of damage per pip a spell does. Even if storm got tempest TODAY at lvl 90, it would still only be 80 per pip. Level doesnt matter. Stop trying to make your idea sound good. And btw i have a level 90 storm and a level 76 death, and even with that death character, i HATE the idea of a new X rank spell for death. I'd rather just have a scarecrow type spell at 11 pips

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
dayerider on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
there's no such thing as the basics of equality in the game, and as everyone has said, that's part of what makes it a challenge. How many schools have triple after effects like Sirens, which btw, has after effects that aren't anywhere else in the school? Death only has spells with ONE after effect (Lord of Night and Dr Von's). What I'm suggesting is to give death it's first really kick butt spell. Death has no really good NON healing AoE attack spell. Avenging Fossil CAN be good, but it would take some buffing to make the AoE aspect worth it. What's wrong with the spell being better than Storm's? So is that how we are to limit it, if it's as good or better than storm, no other school can have it? That doesn't seem fair at all.

However, if the big problem for it is the post damage aspects, what would YOU suggest? I'm open to suggestions for after cast effects
Well your lucky to have those two after-effect spells. Fire only has one after-effect spell,( extra damage does not count, Link/Power Link doesn't count because the healing happens at the same time, and DoTs don't really count either) Efreet, which adds a -90% weakness to the target.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:

4) at level 85

agreed
well if it was an aoe i would say fires damage over time per pip would have to be reduces some amount

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
well if it was an aoe i would say fires damage over time per pip would have to be reduces some amount
no problem with that at all.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Well your lucky to have those two after-effect spells. Fire only has one after-effect spell,( extra damage does not count, Link/Power Link doesn't count because the healing happens at the same time, and DoTs don't really count either) Efreet, which adds a -90% weakness to the target.
yup, I think Fire has been getting shafted on that too.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jacob IronEyes on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Dude just give it up. Seriously. Your idea was bad, so stop. The point is, you can't just increase the amount of damage per pip a spell does. Even if storm got tempest TODAY at lvl 90, it would still only be 80 per pip. Level doesnt matter. Stop trying to make your idea sound good. And btw i have a level 90 storm and a level 76 death, and even with that death character, i HATE the idea of a new X rank spell for death. I'd rather just have a scarecrow type spell at 11 pips
How do you know that if storm got the spell at a higher level it wouldn't do more damage? Are you one of the people who programs the game? If not, you have no basis to make that statement. Hate it all you want, all in all, this forum is to share ideas and help improve the game.

Not all ideas are good, and not all ideas are bad. So maybe this idea wouldnt have worked, but the public lynching I've gotten over the idea rather than talking about ways to improve it, is not the way to do things (and this isn't aimed at you specifically). I could care less if KI does my idea or not, what I care about is advancing the game. What I care about is the game evolving beyond what it is now to make it better. Sometimes, really good ideas come from those that failed, but with the outcry of insane replies (like the one that said if this one spell goes thru it'll negate storm completely) I've seen here, it's apparent people are afraid to stray from what has already been done.

So you'd rather see another scarecrow for rank 11. At least now you're offering an alternative (something hardly anybody else has done)). So, let's hear your idea flushed out. Pip cost? Damage? any after effects?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
no problem with that at all.
um i wasnt able to post in message boards for awhile so updated x ranks fire 120 damage per pip over 3 rounds to all enemies storm 135 damage per pip to one enemy life 140 heal to all friends per pip (no i did not want first storm to be on all i just took more attention to your even if a x rank)