Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Matchups - Fair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2010
I was doing PvP earlier, and when I was matched up, I was matched up with two people who were ranked warlords, levels 2 and 11 and me and my partner were privates, levels 37 and 40, and since the other group were warlords, they had a HUGE boost on attacks defense and accuracy, so we lost miserably.

Do you think this is fair?
Should Wizard101 change their matchup system?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You and your friend could have beat them and I think that match up was fair, however, I do think Kingsisle needs to update the match up system though. Other people do get unfair matches.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
smellysox01 on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
I was doing PvP earlier, and when I was matched up, I was matched up with two people who were ranked warlords, levels 2 and 11 and me and my partner were privates, levels 37 and 40, and since the other group were warlords, they had a HUGE boost on attacks defense and accuracy, so we lost miserably.

You don't get a boost just for being a warlord. You lost because you psyched yourselves out. At level 2 and 11 you should have wiped the floor with them. Even with TC because no matter how much resist they have they don't have enough health to stop your master level skills.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
You don't get a boost just for being a warlord. You lost because you psyched yourselves out. At level 2 and 11 you should have wiped the floor with them. Even with TC because no matter how much resist they have they don't have enough health to stop your master level skills.
Well, the opponents had about 1,300 health each and both had close to 55% resist and 40% damage and almost full pip chance and they kept healing and using strong TC spells, and we both barely had any damage boosts and not as much resistance.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
smellysox01 on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, the opponents had about 1,300 health each and both had close to 55% resist and 40% damage and almost full pip chance and they kept healing and using strong TC spells, and we both barely had any damage boosts and not as much resistance.
A level two warlord with so much power ...... Pvp is kinda ..... Messed up like u said . A lvl two and eleven with THAT much abilities and control? U gotta be kidding me .....

Survivor
May 01, 2013
No she is right. I fought one this morning with my private 503 level 9 and they were level 6 warlord 1200 health 60% heal PIP80%. It was crazy. Went critical on me 2nd spell and I was out. Its gnarley. I just stood there in awe. And to make it worse, they paired me with him 4 times this morning and he did it every time.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
smellysox01 on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:

Yes. A Level 2 has about 560 health ish, and a level 11 could have about 700 give or take depending on school. Yes, they have about 50 resistance and 30 attack, but in order to fight people 40 levels over is incredibly tough and i feel sorry for them.