Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

resist jewels?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
I'm just wondering whats the point in resist jewels? i mean i know its to help increase your resist but it dont seems to help that much as far as i see, like my fire wizard has about 56 resist to the elemental schools and 36 to the rest while he has 44 jewel resist. it don't seem to really make much a difference in his resist as i can tell. its good to have but i'm just wondering everyone else s opinion.

(Not really complaining)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Flat resist doesn't seem like much, but it can make a difference. Your 44 resist jewel lowers the damage by 44 points. That's still 5-10% of most larger base attacks by creatures. I personally don't think it's worth it for my playing style, but it can be a substantial help for some playing styles and situations.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Blaze3277 on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I'm just wondering whats the point in resist jewels? i mean i know its to help increase your resist but it dont seems to help that much as far as i see, like my fire wizard has about 56 resist to the elemental schools and 36 to the rest while he has 44 jewel resist. it don't seem to really make much a difference in his resist as i can tell. its good to have but i'm just wondering everyone else s opinion.

(Not really complaining)

Resist jewels stop a flat amount of damage... gear resist is typically a percentage.
A 44 resist jewel will stop 44 points of damage regardless of the total damage an attack might do. a decent stat for relatively weak attacks but virtually useless for strong attacks. 100 damage - 44 = 56 / 1000 damage - 44 = 956.
A 44% resist (gear) stops a percentage of damage. More effective as the attack gets stronger. 100 damage - 44% = 56 / 1000 damage - 44% = 560.
Obviously these numbers don't take pierce into consideration.