Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do certain conditions affect Malistaires drop rate

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
In Darkmoor everyone says that if you do certain things in the third dungeon with malistaire it will affect your chances of getting good gear. For example people say that if you use Doom and Gloom to weaken malistaire your chances at getting good gear are dropped, or if you flee when Malistaire is in shadow form your chances are dropped. Another one is if you collect chests around the graveyard your chances at good gear are dropped. I mean my goodness, where do people come up with these ridiculous Myths? Kings Isle are some of these true? Can they be proven? What do you guys think of this?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
All nonsense. Waterworks and other farming spots have similar superstitions. The only thing that matters is being in the fight continuously from the time the first Malistarire is defeated. It's ok to flee before you beat him, but once you do, stay until the end if you can. Each version you beat gets you once chance at the good drops. Nothing else you do before or during the fight matters at all.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's some cool things players do to influence getting the best drops in the game:
  • Stomp their foot or feet when pressing or clicking buttons on their keyboard
    It doesn't influence that game; it just feels great to stomp
  • Rub their lucky rabbit's foot
    It wasn't lucky for the rabbit; so what makes you think it will be lucky for you!?!?

• Knock on Wood
  • Kiss the Blarney Stone
    This is real, but you have to be willing to hang over a cliff to kiss it
  • Overload Ambrose and Professor Greyrose's Christmas Stockings with presents and enclose instructions how to thank the generous wizard
    You know they've been real good this year, and both deserve lots of gifts!

• Hold their lucky horseshoe in their left hand on any day but Wednesday
  • Do the happy dance in anticipation of getting the best drops possible
  • Do the hokey pokey; because that's what its all about!
It's true; I just made all of this up.

Actually, Dakota Death is right; drops happen, but not because a player does anything beyond being in the fight continuously from the time the first Malistaire is defeated.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Nonsense, nonsense, NONSENSE! There is no "trick" to getting the drops you want. You can flee and come back and get the full set. (True story, happened to me first try in Darkmoor). However, sometimes if you don't think of getting the item you want, you get it. Again, it is all random!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Nonsense, nonsense, NONSENSE! There is no "trick" to getting the drops you want. You can flee and come back and get the full set. (True story, happened to me first try in Darkmoor). However, sometimes if you don't think of getting the item you want, you get it. Again, it is all random!
If you flee after the main boss is killed, you will get nothing. That is true in all boss battles in the game.