Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster no longer drops permanent spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
I have farmed the Loremaster since August 2013 and have accumulated all of the spells the Loremaster drops except one. Savage Paw is all I have left to get from the entire list. Since the beginning of November 2013 the Loremaster has not been dropping any permanent spells to anyone who I have played with. I farm daily and I realize that it is pure chance to get one in the first place. I believe programmers have turned this reward off and no one will be getting any spells from here on out. If this is true then the posting in Wizard101 wiki should reflect this and we should all move on. The rumors of her tells are all false and have produced no exact way to getting a spell from her. If these spells are still offered then I request an exact path to achieving this goal just like all the other bosses

Nathan Dragonforge
Level 88

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Well first thing you should know is, there is NOT a exact path to get anything specific whether it being a boss battle, common enemy battle, elite battle, or PvP battle, it is all chosen on random luck, The fact that you have all spells in one character but one is good enough, the only thing you could possibly do is to either continue farming for it, craft it, or leave it as it is, if there was a update that changed the drops of the cards, there should be a announcement of it, and not leave people in the dark. As these are of KingIsles choices, and rates, you may not demand anything, but you may ask for information, you will not force it out of them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's all luck with her drops. And obviously the more spells you already have, the harder it's going to be to get more. I just got my 11th spell from her last week, so your premise of them not dropping is wrong. The problem is there are 13 spells. If she drops spell 1, and you have spells 1-12, you get nothing and see nothing, because you already know it. You need the drop to land exactly on the ONE spell you don't know yet. This greatly decreases your odds of getting a drop. The spell drops are extremely rare to begin with, but complaining that you only have 12 of 13 is a ridiculous leap to accusing them of turning it off. You are one of the few to haave almost every spell. Count yourself lucky. There's no exact path to achieving a goal of getting a drop for any boss. You just keep fighting until you get what you are trying for.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Not true at all. Permanent spell drops are extremely rare and there are a lot of them. If you're tired of farming, go quest, but don't imply that KI made a change like this without proof - from them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
NathanDragonforge on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
I have farmed the Loremaster since August 2013 and have accumulated all of the spells the Loremaster drops except one. Savage Paw is all I have left to get from the entire list. Since the beginning of November 2013 the Loremaster has not been dropping any permanent spells to anyone who I have played with. I farm daily and I realize that it is pure chance to get one in the first place. I believe programmers have turned this reward off and no one will be getting any spells from here on out. If this is true then the posting in Wizard101 wiki should reflect this and we should all move on. The rumors of her tells are all false and have produced no exact way to getting a spell from her. If these spells are still offered then I request an exact path to achieving this goal just like all the other bosses

Nathan Dragonforge
Level 88
Furthermore, see Professor Greyrose's comment on this very issue:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/dragonspyre/loremaster-8ad6a41641e48f7d01421b73420206c7/8ad6a41542bce89b0142be52ec9a0f95#8ad6a41542bce89b0142be52ec9a0f95

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
It's all luck with her drops. And obviously the more spells you already have, the harder it's going to be to get more. I just got my 11th spell from her last week, so your premise of them not dropping is wrong. The problem is there are 13 spells. If she drops spell 1, and you have spells 1-12, you get nothing and see nothing, because you already know it. You need the drop to land exactly on the ONE spell you don't know yet. This greatly decreases your odds of getting a drop. The spell drops are extremely rare to begin with, but complaining that you only have 12 of 13 is a ridiculous leap to accusing them of turning it off. You are one of the few to haave almost every spell. Count yourself lucky. There's no exact path to achieving a goal of getting a drop for any boss. You just keep fighting until you get what you are trying for.
My intent was not to spread false rumors or complain; but rather to shed some light on a topic that was being encountered by a lot if wizards not just myself. I have taken your advice and will count my blessings at this point Besides this achieved the desired effect I wanted. I wanted people to talk about this topic enough to where KI would notice and answer my question. Thank you.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I got one today, so for sure they are still dropping.

Explorer
May 02, 2012
Well I haven't ever gotten one, but it is just luck. You will probably get one soon

Brooke LionHeart
Level 45

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
NathanDragonforge on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:

Nathan Dragonforge
Level 88
You are a very lucky wizard. i have been farming the Loremaster for ages and haven't gotten a single spell. I don't understand if there is a certain thing I need to do to get a chance of receiving a spell.

Samuel Lifebringer Level 92 P.S. Good luck getting Savage Paw, it's probably the best balance spell that the Loremaster drops, and you being a balance wizard, you need that spell.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
This statement is incorrect!

So far, i have received Lord of Night, Deer Knight, Brimstone Revenant, and Winter Moon. Of course, I am Balance and Life. However, she continues to (sometimes) drop permanent spells.

Garrett Wyrmward

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
spells still drop there is a low rate on them dropping and the more you have the less you see them. that half a percent chance is more like a tenth of a percent chance when your close to having them all.