Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wish list for Polaris fishing

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If I were king there would be no "old" fish in Polaris. Every fish would be a new fish. No Mainstream Dekois, no Icecudas, no Bonefish. I know this might be a lot to hope for but hey, an angler can dream can't he? I'd like to see the introduction of some really unique new underwater denizens...
Snowcapped Crab? Iced Shrimp Cocktail? Stone-cold Crab? Rock Lobster?
Baked Clam? Crab Cake? Goblin Shark? Cool-cat Fish?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
TucsonWizard on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
If I were king there would be no "old" fish in Polaris. Every fish would be a new fish. No Mainstream Dekois, no Icecudas, no Bonefish. I know this might be a lot to hope for but hey, an angler can dream can't he? I'd like to see the introduction of some really unique new underwater denizens...
Snowcapped Crab? Iced Shrimp Cocktail? Stone-cold Crab? Rock Lobster?
Baked Clam? Crab Cake? Goblin Shark? Cool-cat Fish?
Good news - I found out that my wish has come true!! There are no old fish in Polaris. The bad news is - there are no fish AT ALL in Polaris!!

Disappointed!

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I am still looking for fishing past Celestia, and am guessing it will be a long unfulfilling search.
Thanks for the info.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Kitilark on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
I am still looking for fishing past Celestia, and am guessing it will be a long unfulfilling search.
Thanks for the info.
Fishing will eventually be available in many more areas of the Spiral. There are lots of potential areas in Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca. I posted about the lack of fish in the Polaris test realm and KI responded that even though there are no fish there at this time they will eventually be added.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
TucsonWizard on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Fishing will eventually be available in many more areas of the Spiral. There are lots of potential areas in Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca. I posted about the lack of fish in the Polaris test realm and KI responded that even though there are no fish there at this time they will eventually be added.
I think they've done it this way for good reason. People will blast through Polaris when it hits live. KI needs to have options other than just more Waterworks, Darkmoor, Aquila, etc type dungeons. Fishing is a relatively easy content addition, and I think it's a smart idea to slowly roll it out into other worlds.

I get pretty excited when new fish come out, so filling every world immediately would end the anticipation of more fish. I'm pleased that they're taking their time rolling it out.

But I too hope the "filler" fish don't get overly recycled in future expansions, whether it's Polaris, Azteca, Avalon, or Zafaria.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all of my fish though. Keeping 1 of every fish just isn't going to work... I may just end up selling them all to make sure my fishing basket has room. It just simply isn't feasible to buy enough aquariums to house them all. Well... it is, but it's not practical to me.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
I think they've done it this way for good reason. People will blast through Polaris when it hits live. KI needs to have options other than just more Waterworks, Darkmoor, Aquila, etc type dungeons. Fishing is a relatively easy content addition, and I think it's a smart idea to slowly roll it out into other worlds.

I get pretty excited when new fish come out, so filling every world immediately would end the anticipation of more fish. I'm pleased that they're taking their time rolling it out.

But I too hope the "filler" fish don't get overly recycled in future expansions, whether it's Polaris, Azteca, Avalon, or Zafaria.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all of my fish though. Keeping 1 of every fish just isn't going to work... I may just end up selling them all to make sure my fishing basket has room. It just simply isn't feasible to buy enough aquariums to house them all. Well... it is, but it's not practical to me.
Yeah, you're probably right. It does give us fishing fanatics something to look forward to if they wait a while to release more fish. As far as "filler" fish go it's probably too much to ask to have totally new fish in any new world. I know that's what I hoped for in my OP but realistically I know it won't be that way. There's bound to be Dekois or 'Cudas mixed in.
So far I've crafted over 150 aquariums and have nearly every fish of the Spiral in tanks in my "Fish Whisperer's" houses. With some fish I have all three versions - regular, small fry and whopper. With all the fish I've caught for all of the crafted aquariums I think I've put both Lifeacudas and Frost Dekois on the endangered fish list.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Polaris fishing, I'd probably like some ,,, and fish. Not like ,, and fish. I mean, no "old fish." I mean, it's ok if there is some ice, I mean it's an ice world right? All I want is some new, unique fish there that aren't hard to catch. Now that is probably the best fishing place I'd wanna go to.