Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any PvP Tips for a Rookie in the Arena

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Ok, so I started PvP super late (at legendary) and am matched up against warlords of my own level or higher who also use treasure cards (what a nightmare!). I am a level 66 wizard currently. I have trained up tower shield, satyr, and access to all myth spells taught by Cyrus Drake if that helps. I tried the Heck Hound strategy. It does not quite work for me. Now my strategy is blade and shield up then use Efreet. Then repeat the sequence until the opponent is no more. I also carry a few links to break shields and infections. I am still stuck at Private though. I have read through all the guides but they don't seem to help me. Do any of you professional PvP players know some tips or some strategies I could use?

Luke Spritehammer- Level 66 Legendary in Zafaria

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
At Level 66, you should spend some time getting the Firestarter gear from Waterworks, as well as craft a Cosmic Kris and a Stellar Signet, which significantly boost your healing power. If you don't have one already, make sure you have a Life Mastery Amulet. If you haven't trained Gargantuan, the Sun spell, you need to buy your training points back.

Spend some time making sure your pet has resistance. If you don't have at least Spell Proof, you are going to get hurt. If your pet has May Cast Fairy, great. If you are a hatching expert, I recommend also learning Spell Defy, May Cast Infallible, and Fire Dealer.

You are welcome to pick whatever hits you want to use, but I recommend Scald, Link, Meteor, Sunbird, and Efreet. If you're in 1v1, I suggest that you don't bother with Fire Dragon, Choke, or Smoke Screen. Buy some Gargantuan cards at the Bazaar and prepare a few hits in your side deck, so you can quickly get a hit if you need one. Also keep Infallible, Triage, Shatter, Cleanse Charm, Entangle, Reshuffle, and Wyldfire.

Good luck.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Luke Spritehammer on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I started PvP super late (at legendary) and am matched up against warlords of my own level or higher who also use treasure cards (what a nightmare!). I am a level 66 wizard currently. I have trained up tower shield, satyr, and access to all myth spells taught by Cyrus Drake if that helps. I tried the Heck Hound strategy. It does not quite work for me. Now my strategy is blade and shield up then use Efreet. Then repeat the sequence until the opponent is no more. I also carry a few links to break shields and infections. I am still stuck at Private though. I have read through all the guides but they don't seem to help me. Do any of you professional PvP players know some tips or some strategies I could use?

Most of the matches are won before the battle. Get the best possible gear and pet before you enter the arena. In your case thats waterworks gear + life (or myth) mastery amulet. For pet a double resist pet with 2-3 healing talents will do. I can't help you with strategy as i'm a balance wizard. Only thing I know about fire is pip management a vital thing. Good fire wizards always carry enough pips to release an efreet when its needed.

Explorer
May 21, 2012

strategy on my fire is to use me a fire wand number one thing to do in pvp is use a wand from ur school than make sure to have ur minion in ur deck and heck hound strategy isnt the best if u are gonna use him use him n low pip amount otherwise i would use freet or power link those are probs ur two most useful spells than blade and for tc tower shield and elemental blade tc

Delver
Mar 29, 2012

I started pvp late myself. I didn't really start it until I finished Khrysalis, so I started out pretty much in the same position you are in. I think the single most important thing in PvP is to remember to have fun. Win or lose, behave with Chivalry. No matter how perfect your deck or strategy, sometimes the cards just don't fall the way you want them to. Oh well, smile and try again. Seems like you have a good start on strategy, I have seen similar used against me to my defeat. All you need now is to just keep at it.

Amber Raven Song 95, Commander