Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca is not hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
No offense to all the players that think Azteca is hard, it is not. I quest with my lvl 80 life wizard, and my 2 friends who are storm and fire. The difficulty is just how it should be. Every new world that comes out is supposed to be harder than the last. I'm with KI on the difficulty level is. It's just right to keep people on their toes. Honestly no one wants a super easy world where everything dies in 1 or 2 hits then the game would be boring. Life is full of challenges and it's how you react to them that makes the difference. And challenges are what makes this game fun. All you need is a good group of friends and it's not that difficult and several others in the spiral agree.

See you in the Spiral :)

Ian Ashriver Level 80 life wizard

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
So what your saying is that we always need 2 of our friends to make a suitable difficulty for everyone.

How about bring one more friend to make this new world easier, with 4 people I think Azteca is much easier than playing solo at avalon.

Please Remember this young wizard: when you talk about difficulty, you play solo.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Its cause you have 2 other wizards with you, most people quest on there own

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I usually quest solo with my storm wizard, it's nearly impossible to solo here.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
I started the 'difficulty nerf' thread and I agree - the BEGINNING of Azteca is right where it should be. My question is, have you gotten to Alto Alto and beyond yet? That's where things began to get, imho, disproportionate.

No one is asking for a super easy world - just one where player who aren't hardcore can make it through without having such a hard time that they want to quit. There's a fine line between challenging and too difficult, and I think KI walked that line quite well, until the last few levels.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
for my now lvl 84 life wizard things are getting harder to solo. Right now i have to solo a myth boss and 2 fire minions. as you go on it's harder and harder. SO watch out.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Lookit on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
I started the 'difficulty nerf' thread and I agree - the BEGINNING of Azteca is right where it should be. My question is, have you gotten to Alto Alto and beyond yet? That's where things began to get, imho, disproportionate.

No one is asking for a super easy world - just one where player who aren't hardcore can make it through without having such a hard time that they want to quit. There's a fine line between challenging and too difficult, and I think KI walked that line quite well, until the last few levels.
I agree so much. I am currently at level 86 and I'm wrapping up with Alto Alto. I had just turned level 86 an was so ready to go with my friend to get our sun spells: Primordial and Sharpened Blade( not gonna wast time with potent trap) And I come to realize that it's a SOLO. Facing a rank 12 fire boss with two rank 12 fire minions is nigh on impossible if your not a Storm wizard or an Ice wizard with your Legendary crafting gear. I die within 5 turns. I have done all of Azteca with my one friend. But this solo thing is ridiculous. How is any one supposed to do it with three enemies hitting you with Efreets, Sun Serpents, and Rain of Fires.? With myself being a Balance, I have packed in every shield and its worthless because they use a DoT so its not blocking the real hard hits. Then when I get ready to attack, "Oh would you look at that, a wonderful Efreet has shown up and completely ruined my attack. Oh joy!"
And then, since I am a balance I have to wand it off which takes all my blades. She has already gotten it and is getting tired of waiting on me to get it. So I guess I am just gonna wait till I get my level 88 spell, Saber Tooth ,
Any tips for me?

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
My number one tip is save up and buy henchmen. It seems to be the only way to obtain the new spell and astral spells. Two henchmen for each fight is enough. Good luck

Mark IronHead

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
I have a level 83 storm and a level 85 death. I LOVE the new world! The only problems I have run into is the boss fights. But with some thought and changing my deck around I have managed each one. There is more then enough people playing that you don't have to do ANY of it solo. I think each world should get harder and kudos to KI for continuing a awesome game!

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Sopdet on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I agree so much. I am currently at level 86 and I'm wrapping up with Alto Alto. I had just turned level 86 an was so ready to go with my friend to get our sun spells: Primordial and Sharpened Blade( not gonna wast time with potent trap) And I come to realize that it's a SOLO. Facing a rank 12 fire boss with two rank 12 fire minions is nigh on impossible if your not a Storm wizard or an Ice wizard with your Legendary crafting gear. I die within 5 turns. I have done all of Azteca with my one friend. But this solo thing is ridiculous. How is any one supposed to do it with three enemies hitting you with Efreets, Sun Serpents, and Rain of Fires.? With myself being a Balance, I have packed in every shield and its worthless because they use a DoT so its not blocking the real hard hits. Then when I get ready to attack, "Oh would you look at that, a wonderful Efreet has shown up and completely ruined my attack. Oh joy!"
And then, since I am a balance I have to wand it off which takes all my blades. She has already gotten it and is getting tired of waiting on me to get it. So I guess I am just gonna wait till I get my level 88 spell, Saber Tooth ,
Any tips for me?
Carry Cleanse Charm Treasure Cards. They are cheap in the bazaar and will take of the efreet weakness.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If its not hard...then solo the entire world.
Not hard enough? Then no crafted gear or Waterworks gear
More challenge? No pets with spritely or resist, or dont even bring a pet.
Still not hard enough? Then dont use any enhancements (this means no colossal or anything like that)
Its STILL not hard enough? Dont bring treasure cards or use cards over rank 4+
Is it easy now?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I agree Azteca is difficult, but it is there to challenge you. I hate it when a game lower the difficulty to appease some players. The health on the boss's is what I would like see lowered, or if you are soloing it you face just the boss no minion.

The lesson is that you have to think before you act. It is about planning and observing the sitiuation.

Tactics are the best method to over come a challenge. Defense and healing are important here. Adjust your deck, Amulet, pet, and wand.

If you have outstanding equipment use it. Treasure cards are incredibly helpful (especially for healing) you can pull extra healing, attacks, or minions.

This world is geared for a chess style play. Think 3 moves ahead and you will do fine.

Adapt, overcome, and triumph.

Hey remember you are the Savior of the Spiral
Sabrina Raventhief Arch mage of Balance

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
azteca isnt really all that hard. but it sometimes poses a challenge which i prefer. if its too easy i wouldnt bother playing wizard101. so kudos to KI for making it interesting.

Kane Nightweaver, lvl 84 Storm Wizard

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I am at the twin giants in azteca, I have learned that your strategy that you used up until azteca must be changed if you are to survive.

When i am soloing in azteca I change clothes to resist whatever the primary school of my enemies is as much as possible. Yes, this does make the fight take longer as I lose power and critical rating, but I do not lose. One must also change their deck/treasure cards around based off of who/what school you are fighting. When I go into a fight against Storm, Myth or Ice, I make sure that I have conviction treasure cards for the extra crit block and especially the stun resist. Against fire mobs I keep off school one pip spells in my treasure deck to get rid of the minus 90 the efreet like to leave on me. I know there are other ways to get rid of it, this is just my way.

You will have to adapt you style in the later parts of azteca if you want to win.

Zip

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Mostly when i quest with my Storm wizard i go solo. I have a full friends list but that doesnt mean that my friends can drop everything they are doing to come help me get past my content.

I do not enjoy this world or the difficulty because if i dont bring friends i can't even get past two rounds of spells.

Try starting all over and doing this on Solo mode with your Life wizard and then tell us how hard this world is not.

Thanks

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pirate8375 on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I agree Azteca is difficult, but it is there to challenge you. I hate it when a game lower the difficulty to appease some players. The health on the boss's is what I would like see lowered, or if you are soloing it you face just the boss no minion.

The lesson is that you have to think before you act. It is about planning and observing the sitiuation.

Tactics are the best method to over come a challenge. Defense and healing are important here. Adjust your deck, Amulet, pet, and wand.

If you have outstanding equipment use it. Treasure cards are incredibly helpful (especially for healing) you can pull extra healing, attacks, or minions.

This world is geared for a chess style play. Think 3 moves ahead and you will do fine.

Adapt, overcome, and triumph.

Hey remember you are the Savior of the Spiral
Sabrina Raventhief Arch mage of Balance
And I hate it when a game goes hard core to appease some players so we have a stand off here.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Destroya SpiritBre... on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I'm questing on my own and it isn't hard at all.
dude your a novice unicorn way is the easiest part of the game

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Moonlighterz1000 on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
If its not hard...then solo the entire world.
Not hard enough? Then no crafted gear or Waterworks gear
More challenge? No pets with spritely or resist, or dont even bring a pet.
Still not hard enough? Then dont use any enhancements (this means no colossal or anything like that)
Its STILL not hard enough? Dont bring treasure cards or use cards over rank 4+
Is it easy now?
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm Ice (L90), and my friend is Balance (L87). Just for fun, we love to hop over to Dragonspyre and fight Malistaire. We do this a lot, and long before Azteca came out. We do it for fun, and to torment Malistaire.

Sometimes we'll do full gear, and kill everything in the dungeon. To make it more challenging, we will do the dungeon "naked". What's that mean? It means NO stat clothing (only original noob clothing when you started the game), NO wands, athames, rings, or amulets, NO treasure cards. Pets are the only thing allowed. THIS is what makes it more challenging ... and fun. I can't tell you how many people have had fun coming with us to do "naked Malistaire"

The thing is, if a game (or world) is difficult to begin with, there's no way to make it easier for those that need it. If you make a game (or world) a bit easier for everyone, there are ways to make it more difficult for yourself.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Azteca is not hard to some, but not easy for others.

You are questing with a life, fire, and storm friend! Some are questing solo or with others that don't know what they are doing and not working as a team. There are several differences, which can make game play easier or harder to your own personal experience.

No, considering that mobs have +6 or +7 power pis and we are still stuck with +1 power pip, no elucidate or simply spell, Azteca can be quite difficult for some.

Not everyone knows or has the best gear in the game or the best pets... This world should not be required to have the best of everything and everyone is entiltled to their own opinion!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Well I suppose it depends on how you fight. Granted I will admit that when you get to Pitch Black Lake and stuff it gets annoying (extremely). I'll be honest, Ice mobs with 6,000 health can drive someone from here to the sun and back. Not saying everyone is the same because it's not true. Although if anything, the best bet is to come together as a group and approach Kingsisle about how you feel and go from there. And for my fellow storm wizards I know how it feels because it's easy to die out there. I'm a level 87 storm now and I know how it feels.

Blake TitanCaller Level 87 storm Wizard