Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Needs Improvement

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
- Add more Housing Tour categories like Holiday & Games. 99% of houses I tour are garbage. They are just storage places - not even decorated one iota. Also, the houses with games need their own category (one-shots, Winterbane, etc). Once again, people don't decorate but litter their house with dungeons, which shouldn't be on the general tour. I would like to see a Holiday category for those who love to decorate for those special times of the year!

- General drop increases while battling mobs/bosses & harvesting plants. Starting over a year ago, drops for everything have drastically decreased. I've really noticed it in the lower questing levels (Wizard City, etc) and I've noticed that the reagent drops for plants are not nearly what they used to be. More drops in the lower areas may help with the "anyone got spare TC" begging, because of not being able to sell a multitude of drops for gold.

- Jewels. If I am paying that many crowns to buy a jewel pack, I expect to be able to use that jewel (or jewels) without the fear of shattering when I want to upgrade my gear or change jewels. Otherwise, jewels just sit in my backpack because I'm afraid to use them - especially the good ones. This might be expanded to the ones you farm your little heart out for, too.

- Gear and Pets with Jewels. These should be tradeable to your other wizards without having to shatter the jewels. Period. Honestly, there isn't any reason why this hasn't already happened or was instigated in the first place.

- Spot heals for plants. There is only the full plot bug-be-gone circle which, to me, wastes a lot of energy for just a few plants that might need it. I would like to see smaller pest control circles, so I can save a bit of energy for other things.

- Wands. Special wands you get for your wizard or even the school crafted ones, should not have the same school wand hit. If I just won a wand in a dungeon and it had great Myth stats - I would not use it if it had Myth hits. I would like to see either opposite school hits, or another random school. Anything but your OWN school hit.

Okay. I have more, but I'm running out of character count.

More coming!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I agree with more housing categories. I have seen quite the opposite with drops. They have drastically increased in the past year. Jewels I completely agree, items and pets should be tradeable under the same conditions as if they didn't have the jewel. As long as the item isn't No Trade, a jewel shouldn't change that. Wands have already made the change to off school attacks on school wands at high level. I don't really see a need for smaller pest spells.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
- Add more Housing Tour categories like Holiday & Games. 99% of houses I tour are garbage. They are just storage places - not even decorated one iota. Also, the houses with games need their own category (one-shots, Winterbane, etc). Once again, people don't decorate but litter their house with dungeons, which shouldn't be on the general tour. I would like to see a Holiday category for those who love to decorate for those special times of the year!

- General drop increases while battling mobs/bosses & harvesting plants. Starting over a year ago, drops for everything have drastically decreased. I've really noticed it in the lower questing levels (Wizard City, etc) and I've noticed that the reagent drops for plants are not nearly what they used to be. More drops in the lower areas may help with the "anyone got spare TC" begging, because of not being able to sell a multitude of drops for gold.

- Jewels. If I am paying that many crowns to buy a jewel pack, I expect to be able to use that jewel (or jewels) without the fear of shattering when I want to upgrade my gear or change jewels. Otherwise, jewels just sit in my backpack because I'm afraid to use them - especially the good ones. This might be expanded to the ones you farm your little heart out for, too.

- Gear and Pets with Jewels. These should be tradeable to your other wizards without having to shatter the jewels. Period. Honestly, there isn't any reason why this hasn't already happened or was instigated in the first place.

- Spot heals for plants. There is only the full plot bug-be-gone circle which, to me, wastes a lot of energy for just a few plants that might need it. I would like to see smaller pest control circles, so I can save a bit of energy for other things.

- Wands. Special wands you get for your wizard or even the school crafted ones, should not have the same school wand hit. If I just won a wand in a dungeon and it had great Myth stats - I would not use it if it had Myth hits. I would like to see either opposite school hits, or another random school. Anything but your OWN school hit.

Okay. I have more, but I'm running out of character count.

More coming!
I could be wrong, but I believe the problem with the jewels on gear being traded is the level restrictions. Let's say you socketed a Level 45+ jewel into a Level 10+ athame and then put it in your shared bank for a Level 12 wizard to use. It creates a conflict because the wizard is high enough level to use the item, but not to use the jewel.

Now I could be wrong, maybe the level of jewels aren't based on your wizard's level, but I believe they are. If that's correct, it creates a conflict where the game has to try and sort out that the jewel restriction trumps the item restriction and the wizard can't use it. I could see that being a messy problem, which would validate why jewels have to be shattered before going into the bank when it comes to gear.

Pets on the other hand, any restrictions I've ever seen on pet jewels are based on the pet's level, not the wizard's, so there should be no conflict, and no reason to prevent that.

I fully agree with the wands. I have a couple of Hades wands that I would love to use for the critical bonus they offer, but it's not worth sacrificing my ability to knock off weaknesses without losing all of my school blades. My wizards almost exclusively use wands with opposite school attack cards, except my Balance who just uses the best non-Balance wand I currently have available.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
- Fishing bobs. When the fish 'bites' the lure, I would like to see a maximum of 3 fish bobs, not 6. Whenever I have a fish do 6 bobs, it takes so long I can make a sandwich and get a drink before the fish finally goes underwater to be caught.

- Fishing off cliffs or high spots. I would suggest that fish be closer to the cliff edge so it's a bit easier to catch. Granted, there is the 'come-to-me' fish spell, but it's still difficult because the lure has a very limited area in which to cast and land. Many times you can't see well off the cliff to see the fish. I might suggest that the lure can be cast further out, making it easier to catch fish and be able to see them better.

- Cost of energy for Fishing. I can understand the lure cost, but I don't think there should be a 'fishing' cost. (ie: Lure cost 3 energy + 2 for-the-privilege-of-fishing energy = 5 energy total). I think there should be just a lure cost and not the extra energy. It's tough enough managing energy that's used for gardening, fishing and pet training.

- Crown pack common items. Many of the packs you buy for crowns are filled with common items you can get anywhere in the Spiral. I would like to suggest, that if you must have 'common items' that they are exclusive to the pack, and not something you can pick up for next-to-no-gold in the Bazaar or something that's dropped all the time. It's frustrating to see so many common items I see every day in the game, and not enough of the other stuff in the pack.

- Myth Witch's Housecall Minions. I strongly suggest that the minions have more than 800-900 health. I'm sorry, but what good are they when you cast the spell, the minion arrives, and SPLAT, he's hit with a one-shot. What's the purpose of having a minion at HIGH LEVEL if you can't use them?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
- Ultra plants. They are practically non-existent now. I would like to see them drop at the previous rate. I used to get 1-2 Ultra King Parsley per elder harvest (per 37-plot), but now I'm lucky to see 1 every few elder harvests, and I'm talking about two 37-plot KPs. Forget trying to get the other ultra plants now due to the current drop rate.

- Losing Health when Switching decks. I think it's around level 90+ that when you switch decks (from mob to boss or other special setup deck), your health drops. I'm talking about the exact same decks (without jewels). You jump on a sigil, go in, and evaluate what you have. Am I fighting a boss? Mob? So, you switch decks if you need to. BAM! You lose health, even though you just switched to the exact same deck you use for mobs. Going through Darkmoor? Combo of mobs and bosses. You switch decks. You lose health every time you do. I would like to see ALL decks that are the same NOT lose health. I had a list of them (and lost it), so if I need to list a few of them, I will.

- Dual Rider mounts. If you are helping someone out, or if you brought in your main account to help your second account, dual rider mounts are an excellent way to move from one battle to another. However, if the driver of the mount (who's doing the questing) is running around doing a lot of talking (Mooshu is a good example), the passenger can get disconnected from the game due to inactivity. I would like to see this fixed somehow so that the passenger is considered active in the game while riding.

That was my list for now

LOL

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
- Fishing bobs. When the fish 'bites' the lure, I would like to see a maximum of 3 fish bobs, not 6. Whenever I have a fish do 6 bobs, it takes so long I can make a sandwich and get a drink before the fish finally goes underwater to be caught.

- Fishing off cliffs or high spots. I would suggest that fish be closer to the cliff edge so it's a bit easier to catch. Granted, there is the 'come-to-me' fish spell, but it's still difficult because the lure has a very limited area in which to cast and land. Many times you can't see well off the cliff to see the fish. I might suggest that the lure can be cast further out, making it easier to catch fish and be able to see them better.

- Cost of energy for Fishing. I can understand the lure cost, but I don't think there should be a 'fishing' cost. (ie: Lure cost 3 energy + 2 for-the-privilege-of-fishing energy = 5 energy total). I think there should be just a lure cost and not the extra energy. It's tough enough managing energy that's used for gardening, fishing and pet training.

- Crown pack common items. Many of the packs you buy for crowns are filled with common items you can get anywhere in the Spiral. I would like to suggest, that if you must have 'common items' that they are exclusive to the pack, and not something you can pick up for next-to-no-gold in the Bazaar or something that's dropped all the time. It's frustrating to see so many common items I see every day in the game, and not enough of the other stuff in the pack.

- Myth Witch's Housecall Minions. I strongly suggest that the minions have more than 800-900 health. I'm sorry, but what good are they when you cast the spell, the minion arrives, and SPLAT, he's hit with a one-shot. What's the purpose of having a minion at HIGH LEVEL if you can't use them?
In addition to the area of fishing off cliffs, Dragonspyre is a perfect example of where the area of effect is far too broad in some of the corner areas. It's bad enough that fish are too far away to catch them, but by the time a Charm Fish spell has run it's course so that you can cast a Slow Fish spell, half of the fish are already swimming away and are out of range of the lures again.

Minions I haven't used since I think Mooshu for the very reason you mention. They won't survive more than 2 rounds past Zafaria. They aren't even an effective decoy, never mind a useful ally. Just a waste of pips.

I've experienced that same issue with dual rider mounts. But that's not the only time it happens. I've been doing other things like transferring items between my backpack, bank, and shared bank and been disconnected for inactivity. I think the measurement of "inactivity" needs a review.

One that you haven't mentioned is one that I wish could get addressed. In the most recent worlds, almost all of the dungeons cannot be ported into. It has it's pros and cons... mostly pros.

But while dungeon recall makes the need to be able to port back into dungeons unnecessary, I usually quest two wizards at a time. In the dungeons where you can't equip your two person mount, I would really like to see it that once you're in a dungeon, you can port to other people who are in there with you. Tartarus takes a while to run two wizards through individually. It's not like it adds hours to the run, but it would still save time to be able to port inside dungeons even if porting into them isn't an option.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
High Five Ghost on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe the problem with the jewels on gear being traded is the level restrictions. Let's say you socketed a Level 45+ jewel into a Level 10+ athame and then put it in your shared bank for a Level 12 wizard to use. It creates a conflict because the wizard is high enough level to use the item, but not to use the jewel.

Now I could be wrong, maybe the level of jewels aren't based on your wizard's level, but I believe they are. If that's correct, it creates a conflict where the game has to try and sort out that the jewel restriction trumps the item restriction and the wizard can't use it. I could see that being a messy problem, which would validate why jewels have to be shattered before going into the bank when it comes to gear.

Pets on the other hand, any restrictions I've ever seen on pet jewels are based on the pet's level, not the wizard's, so there should be no conflict, and no reason to prevent that.

I fully agree with the wands. I have a couple of Hades wands that I would love to use for the critical bonus they offer, but it's not worth sacrificing my ability to knock off weaknesses without losing all of my school blades. My wizards almost exclusively use wands with opposite school attack cards, except my Balance who just uses the best non-Balance wand I currently have available.
If it was enacted that you were able to remove jewels before trading to another wizard, then that would be fine. So long as you don't have to shatter them before trading or wearing.

If a jewel level was for a higher wizard than the one I traded it to, I would certainly hold off using it, or remove the jewel and put on a more appropriate level jewel.

But then again, there are those who play that will find ways around the system (dang).

If the jewels were removable before trading, this would resolve issues.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
I agree with more housing categories. I have seen quite the opposite with drops. They have drastically increased in the past year. Jewels I completely agree, items and pets should be tradeable under the same conditions as if they didn't have the jewel. As long as the item isn't No Trade, a jewel shouldn't change that. Wands have already made the change to off school attacks on school wands at high level. I don't really see a need for smaller pest spells.
Compared to what the lower levels used to get as drops, they have decreased a huge amount. I have also noticed that card deck drops are pretty much non-existent in the lower levels (and creeping to the higher levels), as well as other pieces of gear like amulets and rings.

This stuff used to drop like crazy. Now it doesn't, and I've been keeping track of it for about 2 years. Kinda like how the pond size and shape changed in the Commons and Krok.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yep, the housing categories and two-player mounts absolutely need work. I actually submitted my own long rant (er, post ) about how broken the housing tours system is right now so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dissatisfied. Holiday and gauntlet house categories NEED to be a thing.

I dual-box pretty much nonstop on my lower level wizards and the two person mount timeout thing is supremely annoying, so I second the idea of either lengthening or getting rid of the idea of booting "inactive" second mount riders.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
High Five Ghost on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
In addition to the area of fishing off cliffs, Dragonspyre is a perfect example of where the area of effect is far too broad in some of the corner areas. It's bad enough that fish are too far away to catch them, but by the time a Charm Fish spell has run it's course so that you can cast a Slow Fish spell, half of the fish are already swimming away and are out of range of the lures again.

Minions I haven't used since I think Mooshu for the very reason you mention. They won't survive more than 2 rounds past Zafaria. They aren't even an effective decoy, never mind a useful ally. Just a waste of pips.

I've experienced that same issue with dual rider mounts. But that's not the only time it happens. I've been doing other things like transferring items between my backpack, bank, and shared bank and been disconnected for inactivity. I think the measurement of "inactivity" needs a review.

One that you haven't mentioned is one that I wish could get addressed. In the most recent worlds, almost all of the dungeons cannot be ported into. It has it's pros and cons... mostly pros.

But while dungeon recall makes the need to be able to port back into dungeons unnecessary, I usually quest two wizards at a time. In the dungeons where you can't equip your two person mount, I would really like to see it that once you're in a dungeon, you can port to other people who are in there with you. Tartarus takes a while to run two wizards through individually. It's not like it adds hours to the run, but it would still save time to be able to port inside dungeons even if porting into them isn't an option.
It's hard to see off those cliffs in DS. The lure doesn't go very far. Also, I hate fishing the 'holes' in Mooshu, like Shiritaki Temple. Those spots on either side of the bridges. There's objects in the way, so you can't go around it at all. It's high up, so the lure doesn't get very far, and yes, by the time you cast the Charm Fish spell, and the fish start gathering, it doesn't mean you can still get to the fish!.

For the Witch's Housecall, you don't have a choice about casting the minion. If you are not in a full-team group, the minion comes. It can cause cheats to activate. It doesn't even last one round most of the time. There are three different minions, and I have yet to see what any of them do, as they die immediately.

I agree that dungeons like Tartarus should allow you to (1) be able to use a mount to run around, which would help those using dual riders, or (2) be able to port within the dungeon to your other wizard. This would save so much time.