Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am i the only one thats in love with Polaris.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2015
Just the graphics, music, even the story line is soo good especially copared to khrysalis which i really didn't like all that well. But Polaris, just renews my love for wizard101!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
While I didn't enjoy all of the mechanic changes I do enjoy the world for its story line. I don't particularly mind that the bosses and mobs have lower health because now they are smarter with their play style some of them even have pets! (even the mobs are smarter, got caught in a smoke screen loop with those blasted numskull trolls in the most infuriating ten minutes ever would have died if not for my near immunity to fire) Also the story line is nice and has an A plot B plot sort of set up. A plot being liberating the penguins B saving the spiral from destruction again.

Also this is sort of a two world update with the addition of the Arcanum which is definitely on my list of areas to buy for keeps. On top of looking awesome I like the calm nature documentary music that it has. I cant wait to see whats up with the sleeping magic palm tree, story behind the shredded banners and locked door with electric fence over it. Same goes for the astral and shadow schools. I look forward to learning more about of new teachers too. (The storm scholar feels like Cyrus 2.0 to me) Fitsuzume sounds like Stewie Griffin and I find that hilarious.

I cant wait for this to hit live realm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I love the world. My only disappointment is how short it is. It's a bit on the easy side except for Rasputin. The bosses are Avalon level so it makes for really easy fast soloing at this level. It would also be nice if they open up all the schools to some new training point spells since we haven't gotten any since 42.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
Putting the drama of cititcal changes and the poor 108 spells to one side, I loved the feeling of Polaris, the attention to detail with the scenery. I am sure I am not the only one to notice that in areas where there is ice you move quicker on the ice and can "skid" into mobs :P. I laughed so hard in the boss fight with the twins where one always lied - too funny "Lets strengthen their defences" meaning lets weaken them. Another boss fight I was caught totally of guard - when I entered only one boss all on his own was there then a few rounds later another appeared - initially a shock but loved the idea. The music was for me the best out of all the worlds so far. I would like to thank the devs for all their work on the world and hopr they keep it up in the next.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
I love the world. My only disappointment is how short it is. It's a bit on the easy side except for Rasputin. The bosses are Avalon level so it makes for really easy fast soloing at this level. It would also be nice if they open up all the schools to some new training point spells since we haven't gotten any since 42.
I've got to wonder about how "easy" it really is. I haven't really gotten very far yet, but I haven't found it particularly "easy". But I am also still running around in Waterworks gear.

A lot of people said we won't need Darkmoor gear to survive in this new world. I think maybe this is KI's way of making that statement a reality. The natural piercing of enemies and the amount of shields I've been seeing (the likes of which I haven't seen since what, Dragonspyre?) has required a re-evaluation of tactics. With my limited resistance and armour piercing, I haven't died yet, but it hasn't be particularly easy to pwn everybody... especially not in a timely manner.

There are a lot of changes in mob fighting styles that require an alternate strategy than the hack and slash style I've been used to since Zafaria.

I'm not saying it's the rankest challenge you'll ever face, but anybody finding it to be too simple should try reverting back to pre-Aquila gear. The enemies may not seem quite as underwhelming as they appear.

Delver
May 12, 2012
John AshForge on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Just the graphics, music, even the story line is soo good especially copared to khrysalis which i really didn't like all that well. But Polaris, just renews my love for wizard101!
Of course not, I love it as well! :) In the Halloween battles in Ravenwood, they have no music, so I was finding a Youtube recording of the Polaris music! Totally cheered me up! :)

~ Ali

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
The characters and story engagement are fantastic, funny, friendly, really wonderful. The environments are convincing and exquisitely done. The subtleties of the modeling and animation are so enjoyable. The weather is amazing. The new library is breathtaking.

Kudos all around KI, terrific job.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I am in love with Polaris, but I didn't like the drops, the gear, and it wasn't all that challenging. But the graphics, the music, the storyline, all amazing.

Angela Gem, Level 110
Katie GoldFountain, Level 90

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I love Poliaris, and especially music! I loved pet and seed drops, the new mount, double blade jewels and some new ones, I loved the feeling being there...glitches? I dont worry about that, they will be fixed with time I am sure. And the library, ahhh, the library..I could stay there for hours chasing the happy crab lol