Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre, a bit too hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
So, I have a level 51 pyromancer in the Crystal Grove, ever since I finished the Jade Oni, I thought that Dragonspyre bosses had wayy too much health. Does anyone else feel this struggle? Even as a level 51 pyromancer I barely beat bosses by the skin of my teeth. Am I just playing badly, or am I not alone? Mooshu's worst boss from what I remember had about 2500 health (not including jade oni) Yet the average boss I'm fighting has near 7k health! A bit too much of a jump? I think so.

If i'm basically the only one with this problem, I'd be more than happy to have someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
I started Dragonspyre at around level 39 on my storm character, and the bosses weren't that much of a trouble.... Maybe try getting better gear, or a new strategy?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Number one tip is to stack buffs. Too many players fall into the habit of chipping away at bosses with small attacks. Fights will go a lot faster and more successfully if you can get multiple boosts, then attack. Besides your school blade and trap, you can add buffs from pets, amulet or gear, treasure cards, or the enchanted armament pet which lets you boost your own blade. Train elemental from Niles in KT if you haven't already. Train Strong if you haven't, and all the other Sun School damage boosts (Giant -> Colossal) as soon as you can.

Being able to do big damage quickly makes everything faster and more fun.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
M4 Sherman on May 29, 2015 wrote:
So, I have a level 51 pyromancer in the Crystal Grove, ever since I finished the Jade Oni, I thought that Dragonspyre bosses had wayy too much health. Does anyone else feel this struggle? Even as a level 51 pyromancer I barely beat bosses by the skin of my teeth. Am I just playing badly, or am I not alone? Mooshu's worst boss from what I remember had about 2500 health (not including jade oni) Yet the average boss I'm fighting has near 7k health! A bit too much of a jump? I think so.

If i'm basically the only one with this problem, I'd be more than happy to have someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
hi there~ in order to better assist you, we will require some more information.

1) what gear/pet do you have equipped, and what are your stats like?
2) what cards do you carry in your deck?
3) do you have any other items (ie mastery amulets) that you use regularly?
4) is there a particular boss you are struggling with?

assuming this is your first wizard, your problem is likely deck setup; if that's the case, then you only need a few spells~ pack light, so that the spells you need will be there when you need them.

all you need is (boss deck, level 50+)

1 meteor strike
1 fireblade
1 elemental blade
1 fire trap
2 pixie
2 reshuffle

sideboard:

1 tc amplify
2-3 tc satyr
tc elemental blade
tc fireblade

these are just a few suggestions; perhaps some other folks can add to this.

-von

Survivor
Dec 11, 2014
yes i believe you are one of the only people that have this problem. at mot the bosses have between 3,000 and 5,000 and only the special bosses have 7,000, but that's as high as it will ever go. If you can tell me why you are having this problem then maybe we can fix it.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2014
I kinda agree, but have learned some work around's.

Do the hard bosses at times there are other people around and team up. Use the thing near the Bazaar.

If you can afford it use Henchmen. You and three Henchmen can take most anyone

I use a Level 100 Myth, a 100 Storm and a 100 Death or Life Henchman

Hope this helps

Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
i think that the dragon spyre bosses were a little to easy

Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
Dr Von on May 30, 2015 wrote:
hi there~ in order to better assist you, we will require some more information.

1) what gear/pet do you have equipped, and what are your stats like?
2) what cards do you carry in your deck?
3) do you have any other items (ie mastery amulets) that you use regularly?
4) is there a particular boss you are struggling with?

assuming this is your first wizard, your problem is likely deck setup; if that's the case, then you only need a few spells~ pack light, so that the spells you need will be there when you need them.

all you need is (boss deck, level 50+)

1 meteor strike
1 fireblade
1 elemental blade
1 fire trap
2 pixie
2 reshuffle

sideboard:

1 tc amplify
2-3 tc satyr
tc elemental blade
tc fireblade

these are just a few suggestions; perhaps some other folks can add to this.

-von
1) I leveled up, so I have the lvl 52 things at the bazaar, they have 11% resist ice 11% storm 14% Boost to fire attacks, and 8% fire accuracy.

2) I have about
2 feint
3 fire blades
3 fire traps
4 fire dragons
3 helephants
2 meteor
4 pixie

3) I have a feint amulet,

4) I've figured it out and am plowing through bosses now. Thanks for the help