Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Addition to Astral Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
The new addition I have come up with is the Time School. It would take place as the fourth astral school, meaning it can be trained by any of the other schools. Time spells are simply spells that take time. Wizards who cast time spells can have powerful blades, traps, and other utility spells, as long as they are patient. Time spells are universal charms and wards, that are activated after a certain number of rounds after they have been casted. Here are some examples of effects (I did not give them names)

+20% blade after 1 round
+40% blade after 2 rounds
+75% blade after 3 rounds
+30% blade to all after 3 rounds
+150% blade after 4 rounds
+200% blade after 5 rounds

+30% trap after 1 round
+40% trap after 2 rounds
+20% trap to all after 3 rounds
+60% trap after 4 rounds
+50% trap to all after 5 rounds

-30% shield after 1 round
-50% shield after 2 rounds
-30% shield after 3 rounds
-75% shield after 4 rounds

-90% weakness after 3 rounds
-75% smokescreen after 3 rounds

etc. etc. etc.
Time has many possible options for spells, such as heals, additional utilities, or other effects, all based on a set duration. They might seem overpowered, but that is because they require a good deal of strategy as well as patience. Note that they would also be for a very high level (120 at least, whatever level and world they would be introduced in).

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I like the idea. It could be really useful in longer boss fights.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Redocean4799 on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
The new addition I have come up with is the Time School. It would take place as the fourth astral school, meaning it can be trained by any of the other schools. Time spells are simply spells that take time. Wizards who cast time spells can have powerful blades, traps, and other utility spells, as long as they are patient. Time spells are universal charms and wards, that are activated after a certain number of rounds after they have been casted. Here are some examples of effects (I did not give them names)

+20% blade after 1 round
+40% blade after 2 rounds
+75% blade after 3 rounds
+30% blade to all after 3 rounds
+150% blade after 4 rounds
+200% blade after 5 rounds

+30% trap after 1 round
+40% trap after 2 rounds
+20% trap to all after 3 rounds
+60% trap after 4 rounds
+50% trap to all after 5 rounds

-30% shield after 1 round
-50% shield after 2 rounds
-30% shield after 3 rounds
-75% shield after 4 rounds

-90% weakness after 3 rounds
-75% smokescreen after 3 rounds

etc. etc. etc.
Time has many possible options for spells, such as heals, additional utilities, or other effects, all based on a set duration. They might seem overpowered, but that is because they require a good deal of strategy as well as patience. Note that they would also be for a very high level (120 at least, whatever level and world they would be introduced in).
Hmm, some of them seem underpowered.

Balanceblade can already do +25% immediately, so maybe the first blade spell should do +40% after one round. The 4- and 5-round blades are unnecessary.

Likewise, Hex can already do +30% immediately‚ and Tower Shield can already do -50% without delay.

The delayed weakness and smokescreen would simply be annoying.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Redocean4799 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Why are 4-5 rounds unnecessary?
Well, I meant that they would be overpowered even with your original post.