Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need a good pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2013
I'm a level 72 balance and I've been playing on and off for over a year. I'm looking for some help on hatching. Is there a certain set of pet abilities that are the best ? Also I can't seem to find anyone to ever hatch with me except friends who have just the class pets as well. How do you get better pets if no one will hatch with you ?

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hey there,

Since pets can be customized to fit each player's playstyle, there really is no "best" talent combination. When deciding which talents are for you, think about how you play the game and what's important to you. Some people like pets that are school specific (fire wizards increasing fire damage, fire accuracy, etc..), others like healing pets (spritely, fairy, healing current, etc), and some like a little mix of everything (resist, healing, damage, etc..).

I personally play support a lot so I find buffing pets work best for me. My buffing pet gives balanceblade, feint, dark pact, hex, and curse.

As for how to find people to hatch with, you could always wander about the hatchery, but the chances of finding something you're interested in aren't very high. I would try using the nifty hatching sub-forum over on Wizard101 Central. There are lots of dedicated helpful hatchers there who would probably be willing to help you out. Just remember to read the rules and guidelines first. :)

I hope this helped!

~Vanessa Mythdust

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I good starter pet is the Enchanted Armaments, you can get this by defeating the secret boss in Mount Olympus. There are other good pets available from the secret bosses in the other Aquila dungeons too. You can also buy School Armaments from Diego (or one of the near by vendors) for Arena tickets.

I hope this helps some...

Good luck!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2013
bump anyone else got additional info to add I'll take all the help I can get!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Hi this is my first post and I have a question to ask. How do you get the storm beetle because I really want it to hatch a rain beetle. Can anyone tell me how to get the storm beetle