Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life needs another multi attack.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Forest Lord is getting old. Life only has one multi attack where as the other schools have at least 2 or 3 different ones. It is long overdue for a new multi attack for Life. Who is with me on this?

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
DarkWIZard98x on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Forest Lord is getting old. Life only has one multi attack where as the other schools have at least 2 or 3 different ones. It is long overdue for a new multi attack for Life. Who is with me on this?
*raises hand* I am!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
Why not add in stronger attacks, super powerful healing, loads of blade and shield spells. I think schools should be happy with what they have, except myth, if any school is short it is us.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Some thoughts, to put them in the same place, from the many posts (not just here) about this are:

1) Life can get another AoE when everybody else gets a heal all spell
2) Life can get another AoE, but it should be a smaller spell
3) Life can get another AoE, if it's a smaller spell. Potboiler (a tc drop from the 5 boxes) is 4 pips, 90% accuracy, 285 dmg to all, 1 death shield to self
4) life is fine. it is a healer school and should not get massive attacks, and another AoE, however small, would OP life school
5) Many life wizards are upset that Hungry Caterpillar and Sacred Charge weren't made an AoE (either one would work) and that Seraph was changed from when it was an AoE

Did I miss any of the often spouted replies here?

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I agree! I wish we had a low pip aoe.
Melissa Daydreamer 67

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
dayerider on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Some thoughts, to put them in the same place, from the many posts (not just here) about this are:

1) Life can get another AoE when everybody else gets a heal all spell
2) Life can get another AoE, but it should be a smaller spell
3) Life can get another AoE, if it's a smaller spell. Potboiler (a tc drop from the 5 boxes) is 4 pips, 90% accuracy, 285 dmg to all, 1 death shield to self
4) life is fine. it is a healer school and should not get massive attacks, and another AoE, however small, would OP life school
5) Many life wizards are upset that Hungry Caterpillar and Sacred Charge weren't made an AoE (either one would work) and that Seraph was changed from when it was an AoE

Did I miss any of the often spouted replies here?
How does getting another aoe op the life school? Just because Life has heals does not mean we should get the short end of the stick in the amount of aoe attacks other schools have. the only Life aoe is forest lord, that's it, nothing else, and you can't even get it until high level where as the other schools all get aoes at low and high levels. I mean lofe wizards are going to riot if we don't get another aoe attack for our next spell. Forest Lord is boring for us life wizards now a days because it is so outdated for hitting, all the other schools have gained very powerful aoe attacks, it's time for life to get a new shiny toy as well. We need a new aoe, it's time.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I agree! We have more heals that can heal all. (Rebirth, Unicorn, Sprite Swarm, Life Bat, Hamadryad) And the new multi attack spell should at least be powerful, a lot of life spells come with absorbs already. Myth already got their OP multi attack in Darkmoor. Life's turn is next. Death, fire and storm have countless multi attacks already, and they're all OP.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
My first wizard was Fire.

My most-played wizard is Life. I am frustrated when it is assumed that because I am Life I can't contribute to the killing in any way and instead should just pack max Rebirth, max Fairy and max Unicorn. Some of Life's recent hits can do an awful lot of damage with no more buffing than anyone else requires.

HOWEVER, because we have a unique "heal other" ability, to degrees other schools will never achieve, I understand why we have fewer hits than they do. We have to. We have those heals.

Yes, I think Life probably needs another AoE spell. But it definitely shouldn't be an OP "kill-it-all-one-shot" spell. Life isn't Storm. It isn't Myth. It's Life. We can kill, but as we have another significant ability, killing should be more difficult for us than others. Otherwise, Life is being singled out to be super-special. Each school is special, none is super-special.

Edited to fix a typo. Drat mobile.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Old tired issue - old tired arguments - old tired suggestions.
This question has been posed a thousand times before. Nothing is going to be done about it until when/if KI decides they want to change the natural order of things. Bottom line is, Life wizards have managed just fine up until this point using the spells they have and they will continue to do so - life goes on (no pun intended).
The fact is, Life can hit pretty hard as it is. Most people I know of with a Life wizard (myself included) have been able to solo 95% of the game. It just takes a bit longer than a Fire or Storm.
I wouldn't turn down a new low-pip Life attack-all spell but I don't really think it's needed and I won't be heartbroken if I don't get one.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Darthvarian on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree! We have more heals that can heal all. (Rebirth, Unicorn, Sprite Swarm, Life Bat, Hamadryad) And the new multi attack spell should at least be powerful, a lot of life spells come with absorbs already. Myth already got their OP multi attack in Darkmoor. Life's turn is next. Death, fire and storm have countless multi attacks already, and they're all OP.
it should be noted that lifebat and sprite swarm can NOT be trained yet, so these should not count into's life's healing spells

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DarkWIZard98x on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
How does getting another aoe op the life school? Just because Life has heals does not mean we should get the short end of the stick in the amount of aoe attacks other schools have. the only Life aoe is forest lord, that's it, nothing else, and you can't even get it until high level where as the other schools all get aoes at low and high levels. I mean lofe wizards are going to riot if we don't get another aoe attack for our next spell. Forest Lord is boring for us life wizards now a days because it is so outdated for hitting, all the other schools have gained very powerful aoe attacks, it's time for life to get a new shiny toy as well. We need a new aoe, it's time.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
I was just posting the summary of thoughts people have had about giving life another AoE spell. Other people wont bother to look it up, so I condensed it all down to a simple list, for ease of reference. Im not against it personally, but others are, for the reasons listed above