Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boot Fish

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I saw a video of someone catching an April Fool Boot Fish. Does anyone (KI?) know if this was a one-day only goof or is it still in the waters of the Spiral for a while? Can't wait to get off work so I can go try and get one.

Administrator
The April Fools "fish" will be here through April 7, along with Wonky the Donkey.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
TucsonWizard on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
I saw a video of someone catching an April Fool Boot Fish. Does anyone (KI?) know if this was a one-day only goof or is it still in the waters of the Spiral for a while? Can't wait to get off work so I can go try and get one.
Nice job! Duelist101 didn't have this listed yet, and I'm going to be away for a while after today. I might not have gone after it if you hadn't mentioned it. All of my wizards have this bad boy now. Thanks!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Nice job! Duelist101 didn't have this listed yet, and I'm going to be away for a while after today. I might not have gone after it if you hadn't mentioned it. All of my wizards have this bad boy now. Thanks!
Same here. Went Boot fishing last night and nailed one with all five of my wizards. Time to craft some more aquariums!

P.S.- Thanks Professor G!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thanks for the alert on an April Fools Fish. It's here til 4/7(thanks Prof. Greyrose). It's called Ol' Boot. It is balance rank 1 initial xp1600. One of my wizards caught one at Jade Palace in Mooshu. The other in the fishing area to the left of Jade Palace. Someone said Grizzleheim also. I have one wizard to go fishing. Good luck all.

Happy Easter.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Davidfire school on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the alert on an April Fools Fish. It's here til 4/7(thanks Prof. Greyrose). It's called Ol' Boot. It is balance rank 1 initial xp1600. One of my wizards caught one at Jade Palace in Mooshu. The other in the fishing area to the left of Jade Palace. Someone said Grizzleheim also. I have one wizard to go fishing. Good luck all.

Happy Easter.
Yeah, I went to Grizzleheim first because I knew there were no Balance fish in Northguard so it would be easy to spot. The Oasis and the Commons would have been a nightmare.

Even though it takes me away from getting other stuff done, I do enjoy finding new fish.

I'm just disappointed that I'm going to have to start dumping fish soon. I wanted to keep one of every fish, as well as the smallest Small Fry and largest Whopper I've caught of any type of fish. But I don't have enough room in my fish basket now to catch the amount of fish needed to craft aquariums... and I'm too cheap to buy them with Crowns.

I guess maybe I'll just keep my Rare, Epic, and Seasonal fish. Not like it'll be hard to get more 'cudas and Dekois.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, I went to Grizzleheim first because I knew there were no Balance fish in Northguard so it would be easy to spot. The Oasis and the Commons would have been a nightmare.

Even though it takes me away from getting other stuff done, I do enjoy finding new fish.

I'm just disappointed that I'm going to have to start dumping fish soon. I wanted to keep one of every fish, as well as the smallest Small Fry and largest Whopper I've caught of any type of fish. But I don't have enough room in my fish basket now to catch the amount of fish needed to craft aquariums... and I'm too cheap to buy them with Crowns.

I guess maybe I'll just keep my Rare, Epic, and Seasonal fish. Not like it'll be hard to get more 'cudas and Dekois.
I started crafting aquariums fairly early when fishing was first introduced to the game. Because of this I've been able to display newly caught fish right away and sell any duplicates of the fish I already have on display so my basket stays pretty empty most of the time. As of now I have all but three "regular" fish (standard, large and tall) in aquariums in my house, including the seasonal and holiday fish, and I have a room devoted to "small fry" too with some "whoppers" scattered around as well. Of course my ultimate goal is one of everything but I haven't found the time to spend looking for the ones I'm missing (Goldfin-ger, Silver Streak and Blackberry Jelly).
Anyway, I guess my point is if you just keep Lifecudas in your basket and sell all other cudas, dekois and anything else that's fairly easy to find you won't fill it up so fast and you'll have a start for the ingredients you need to craft aquariums. Also remember you can put fish in aquariums and then stick the whole thing in your bank and it won't be taking up basket space. The problem is that you can't identify what fish is in the tank until you take it out and place it in your home.