Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is celestia crafted gear worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Here you are,you're a grandmaster artisan,after chasing after all those rare reagents,just finally.Then you realize how close you are to level 60,the level that you get waterworks gear,which completely trumps the celetia gear.
Really,it does.One one hand,you have to do through a difficult dungeon a few times(Note:i have not ran waterworks,so i would like this number),on the other,you have to get some bottom of the barrel reagents that are difficult to find and get the grandmaster artisan badge,the power gap is to big.So really,is it worth getting the celestia crafted gear?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sixrig on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Here you are,you're a grandmaster artisan,after chasing after all those rare reagents,just finally.Then you realize how close you are to level 60,the level that you get waterworks gear,which completely trumps the celetia gear.
Really,it does.One one hand,you have to do through a difficult dungeon a few times(Note:i have not ran waterworks,so i would like this number),on the other,you have to get some bottom of the barrel reagents that are difficult to find and get the grandmaster artisan badge,the power gap is to big.So really,is it worth getting the celestia crafted gear?
I usually craft the lvl 56 Wintertusk gear as apposed to running Waterworks an undetermined amount of times. If nothing else I like the helmets on all my wizards for the extra blade. I have only done waterworks on 2 wizards a long time ago, life then death. It took about 35 runs to get their sets. If you have the time and team WW isn't a chore. If you're a Spiral misfit, solo type player. like me, it's a pain.

You can get though Zafaria with the level 58 gear, if you have to, but it's a little more work. Avalon steps it up a bit so better gear is helpful.

I usually don't craft again until Avalon.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This is one area Northrite and I are in 100% agreement. I did the WW slogging on my Ice, Storm and Death. Then I discovered Wintertusk crafted gear. Never bothered with WW farming on my other wizards since. Wintertusk gear with various pieces of gear mixed in from Avalon and Azteca will get you through the end game very nicely, if you can get a piece or two of Hades gear after 90 it's a bonus. Celestia gear I never really bothered with, it's mostly geared towards using secondary schools, and having no resist. By that level of the game, secondary schools aren't ever used for attacking anyways.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Waterworks gear isn't that much better than Wintertusk. The only major difference is the amount of universal resist, and to that, Waterworks wins on that one.

Wintertusk has the extra blade and tri-trap. Waterworks doesn't. For some schools, Wintertusk has slightly, or much better overall stats than Waterworks (again, except for resist).

My Ice never used Waterworks gear, but my other high level wizards keep their Wintertusk hat in their backpack, because I like to change to it once in a while for the extra blade and better stats.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
I'd rather wait a little bit longer till I am level 60, once you reach such level you are allowed to enter Waterworks and farm for the best gear available at this moment (even at higher levels). As our friend said, it is a bit boring if you don't have luck, because you'll have to put yourself through a lot of runs till you get the full gear. But what I have to say is that, in the end of the day, it's worth it!