Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player vs Player Tournaments

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
briealana on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I was wanting to do a tournament since Wizard101 first put tournaments in the game. ( I know it isn't that long but it felt like forever.) I recently bought some crowns and i was so excited to join a tournament. After being rejected not one, not two, but three times, I was very angry. I entered another tournament and I had to wait two hours so I joined a ranked match to pass the time. When I came back and checked the tournament board thing ( or whatever you call it ) I was disappointed to find that apparently, I was not entered in the tournament. Not only did I get rejected AGAIN, I didn't get my crowns back. What a waste of my money! I'm not usually one to complain but I could have at least gotten my crowns back. I hope KI fixes this soon.

Kayla, level 34 Ice wizard
that is awful i feel so bad for you

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
For some reason, my balance character got 2500 tickets, 2 gold trophies, a mega snack, a colossal treasure card, and another treasure card. I think this is a glitch? I started out at about 264 arena tickets and came out at about 2764 tickets.
ahahahaha! That is funny!

Why does everyone think 500 crowns is expensive? It's $1 for 1,000 arena tickets (if you've been practicing your PvP... For free, I might add) which is about equal to crowns gear! It all evens out people, do the math.

Crowns Robe ~ 6000c
PvP Robe ~ 9000tickets
Tournament = $1 ~ 800tickets
Crowns = $15 ~ 7500c

So even though you have extra crowns and you are not guaranteed a win in tournaments every time, tournaments are fun and you can win extra things like Pets when you win (after getting good at PvP through free practice!)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Well... i joined a tournament today on the realm test and my friend joined the tournament and we got rejected and we got all excited over NOTHING?! If you keep rejecting people, i'm going to stop playing this for about 1 year.

Cole stormstaff level 43 wizard

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I just hate that it takes so long a day is really too long to wait and I cant see how no one complains about this. I play a lot - on and off preferably. But two hours till the next game seems long. And if I miss it then I am out the money, this is too much even when I thought the fee was too high after trying it on the test realm I changed my mind but the wait is way too long.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
troooper222 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
ok no offense kingsile but I think makin you get into tournaments with crowns is a bad idea. people who bought membersihp wont want to buy crowns to. I was syked to try my power to win tournaments but im never going to buy crowns becouse my parents wont let me and I don't want crowns so can you at least let us get into tournaments for a super high gold price please. please show your answer in the message board i am in(yes or no).
Agreed, my parents are nice and give me crowns, but I don't want to waste crowns on something I have a 1/20 chance to win.

A. Takes too long

B. No gold AND crowns price (just crowns)

C. Only MEMBERS get a discount. (Some people aren't gonna buy it)

Hope this helped!

Level 90 ChrisIceBreeze

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I think its perfectly fair to have to pay crowns to get in a tournament, because it would be free rewards that arent fair! i think the pricing is actually UNDERpriced! for what the rewards are, the only people complaining are the people who dont work for there money and want to have it free so they can get the rewards unfairly

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
I also can't do crowns but would love to try a tourney. If you put up a 50,000 gold price up per a tourney I'd pay that. (or maybe just scale it depending on level, and a level 90 pays 50,000 per a fight and a level 10 only pays 10,000 or something).
-Adam Seafist lvl 90

Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Hello kingsisle i think it would be a really good idea to drop the prices of the tournaments OR you should price the tournament on weather its a 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 because 500 crowns is kinda too much for a tourney there have been lots of times where my friends run out of crowns and i run out of crowns a lot and i wont be buying crowns for a while now because its too expensive and tourneys and pvp is my favorite thing in this game

sincerly carlos strongcaster

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I think that everyone should be able to do tournaments that is lvl 10+, but only non-members should have to pay crowns. Members should only have to pay gold or maybe not pay at all. I am a member at the moment and I want to do tournaments, but I don't have any crowns. Plz change the payment method KI.

Quinn AngleWhisper lvl 54

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I think that everyone should be able to do tournaments that is lvl 10+, but only non-members should have to pay crowns. Members should only have to pay gold or maybe not pay at all. I am a member at the moment and I want to do tournaments, but I don't have any crowns. Plz change the payment method KI.

Quinn AngleWhisper lvl 54

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I've been trying to do a tourney all day & it keeps showing that there is a tourney in less then 30 seconds for free, I tried it once and i got in a tourney with the same person twice and then it removed me from the tourney, As I went back to see if there was another tourney everything went blank and it showed there was no tourneys available I asked other people in the arena if they saw anything and they said yes but they couldn't see ranked matches. This NEEDS to be fixed

-Samantha Rubysong Lvl 69

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
carlos strongcaste... on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello kingsisle i think it would be a really good idea to drop the prices of the tournaments OR you should price the tournament on weather its a 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 because 500 crowns is kinda too much for a tourney there have been lots of times where my friends run out of crowns and i run out of crowns a lot and i wont be buying crowns for a while now because its too expensive and tourneys and pvp is my favorite thing in this game

sincerly carlos strongcaster
most people only play this game for pvp and tourneys and i am pretty much one of them i only lvl up when i want to be a specific level for pvp

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
How is the matching system supposed to work for tourneys? Is it based on your rnk?

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
oneandonly8029 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
How is the matching system supposed to work for tourneys? Is it based on your rnk?
I would like that someone can explain that because it is really unfair that when you do your first tournament as private you get versus warlords and commanders of your same level all with commander gear and a resist of 50%+.

It really put me off tournaments when I was so excited to get some tickets for when i could get commander be able to get the gear. But it seems impossible when these warlords and commanders know that when playing a tournament it will be easier for them to win agaisnt us that don't have resist, or experience or a decent rank to face them.

Another thing that put me really off was that ~I started second all battles!~ yes, vs warlords my same level and from second! how unfair is that.

My suggestion is that Warlords should get into the next bracket level. For example, if they are level 30 to go to the braket where privates or veteran level 40 to 50 are playing or something like that. and so on with the next brakets. As for the last bracket would be a especial of level 90 warlords for them to fight.

This way would be fairer for all as I ended up soo upset seeing myself no having a decent chance to win.

Regards

M

Survivor
May 28, 2011
this whole new PVP nothing but just cost more money to spend for small amount of prizes.Kingsisle should drop the prize a bit more affordable to everyone not to worry so much the cost of playing the Tournament since if the prize drop down more lower.I just want to have fun and enjoy the game not thinking i have to spend more money just as this new Tournament.I just rather play regular rank tournament no aggravation win or lose that's all i want not spending another crowns to play.This is the way i look at it guys but everybody's has there owned opinion.I respect that but for me we should not spend anything at all to play, We're all in the same bond and share same goal to have fun in the game.

Benjamin Battlethorn

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
Wow Thanks so much KI for giving us half price tournaments. I tried to join a few but I live in Europe and I do mostly 1v1 and most times these matches are at 3am, or 4am or even 5am for me so I can't make them. I would like to play all of them tho lol.

Anyway, to get to the subject. Apart of people complaining about the price (that's been solved for now cause tournaments are half price).

Also I have seen many people joining, even got left out of one of the tournaments because it was Full and I joined last minute to dont miss it (because I already missed one for 10 min that should be done something as i read somewhere else to be able to join in next match even you lose that one).

Now, from my last post, when I replied to oneandonly8029 that was asking how the matching system works in tournaments. Any answer to this? or we take that tournaments are only for Warlords? and who wants to start from private doing tournaments know that she or he will get 200 tickets per tournament, having to do like 20 tournaments to get tickets enough for gear then doing ranked pvp to get rank and buy gear. That is a lot of money to get you to the same level of those warlords and have the chance to win any tournament.

So are they going to change the matching system in tournaments? or how does it work really?

(sorry grammar :S)

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Ok, I pvp with a lvl 12 and I was wondering if he were to join would he play against levels way higher than them or would they be levels 5-25 because I would love to join but it would not be fair if I had to go against a lvl 50.
Thanks,
Matthew Darkspear lvl 95

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
This is my opinion, maybe they could make it to where you could pay for tournaments with gold. like make it to where you have to pay 890 gold if you are non-member, or 499 gold if you are a member.

jack summerbreath, lvl 22 (Adept.) type.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2013
troooper222 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
ok no offense kingsile but I think makin you get into tournaments with crowns is a bad idea. people who bought membersihp wont want to buy crowns to. I was syked to try my power to win tournaments but im never going to buy crowns becouse my parents wont let me and I don't want crowns so can you at least let us get into tournaments for a super high gold price please. please show your answer in the message board i am in(yes or no).
I am sorry you have this thought, but I completely agree with the entire scheme of spending crowns to get into tournaments. You are heavily rewarded even if you come last.

I also have a similar problem , I pay for a subscription but you have to take into account the amount of arena tickets given out. If it was free Commander gear would become absolutely pointless. That is the one piece of gear in the game that is a struggle and a challenge to get.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013