Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre bugs

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2009
Don't know if this is the right forum for bugs, but I figured I'd mention it (I can't believe I'd be the first one to find these):

1) Several quest messages, including discovery of stone roses and several of the Crucible fights (some before and after) are broadcast to everyone in the entire area (thus making me initially wonder how I found one of the roses while I was AFK)

2) Several message voiceovers are switched, notably the last crucible fight on the right if I recall, as well as the voiceover for the line where the crystal grove prospector is thanking you for finding Cinder

3) The Tower of War is bugged in a large way:
a. the creatures you initially see (say, a fire elemental and a banshee) will stay in the middle of the battle while you fight a clone of them,
b. Sometimes you will get both copies of ONE of the creatures, but since you have to defeat both you must start a battle with both copies of the other creature to continue -- this makes soloing it that much harder
c. Similar to a., the effects of some spells -- such as the existence of my fire dragon -- will stay in the middle after they have completed.

So is this the right venue for such bugs to be reported?

Administrator
Your best bet for something like this is to submit an official bug report.

To do so, log in to Wizard101.com the website and click Help & Support.

At the bottom of that page is a link to Contact Us and one of the options is to report a bug.

The broadcast messages is known and a fix is in the works.
As for the others, I'll pass them along to our QA department for verification and testing.

Thanks!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
ElFuego wrote:
Don't know if this is the right forum for bugs, but I figured I'd mention it (I can't believe I'd be the first one to find these):

1) Several quest messages, including discovery of stone roses and several of the Crucible fights (some before and after) are broadcast to everyone in the entire area (thus making me initially wonder how I found one of the roses while I was AFK)

2) Several message voiceovers are switched, notably the last crucible fight on the right if I recall, as well as the voiceover for the line where the crystal grove prospector is thanking you for finding Cinder

3) The Tower of War is bugged in a large way:
a. the creatures you initially see (say, a fire elemental and a banshee) will stay in the middle of the battle while you fight a clone of them,
b. Sometimes you will get both copies of ONE of the creatures, but since you have to defeat both you must start a battle with both copies of the other creature to continue -- this makes soloing it that much harder
c. Similar to a., the effects of some spells -- such as the existence of my fire dragon -- will stay in the middle after they have completed.

So is this the right venue for such bugs to be reported?

You're right I've noticed these things too. I was fighting something there and all of a sudden came a voice over "You used a hammer....."

Also another thing I've noticed since this last update when houses were added. Mobs heal a bit. Just a few points. Or if you hit one with the exact HP they have and they are left with exactly 0 HP and no negative they don't die. It looks like they do until next round when an invisible something with pips is attacking you.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I have been meaning to report the Tower of War bug, but have never gotten around to it. The worst part was that we thought it was just a graphical glitch, but were surprised when the copies left standing in the middle of the room engaged us in a duel as well.

But if you stay to the outside of the room, you CAN get around these clones without triggering a duel.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
smvb wrote:
I have been meaning to report the Tower of War bug, but have never gotten around to it. The worst part was that we thought it was just a graphical glitch, but were surprised when the copies left standing in the middle of the room engaged us in a duel as well.

But if you stay to the outside of the room, you CAN get around these clones without triggering a duel.

Yea, I had the same experience and didn't risk running into them so went around them with no problems.