Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give Then the Boot!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
I had this problem for a while, i go to my house when i am afk, one time i was afk, then my friend ported and a friend ported to him and someone else ported to him. When i came back there were 20 or so low levels bugging me for stuff. There was no way i could get them to leave and i cant go anywhere because well it is MY house.

I say add a boot button to get rid of tresspassers ( maybe even add a funny boot animation XD )

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
bettermixmaster wrote:
I had this problem for a while, i go to my house when i am afk, one time i was afk, then my friend ported and a friend ported to him and someone else ported to him. When i came back there were 20 or so low levels bugging me for stuff. There was no way i could get them to leave and i cant go anywhere because well it is MY house.

I say add a boot button to get rid of tresspassers ( maybe even add a funny boot animation XD )

Maybe they will add this if they allow subscribers to allow people who are non-friends to come to your house like CP.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
thefireball123456 wrote:
bettermixmaster wrote:

Maybe they will add this if they allow subscribers to allow people who are non-friends to come to your house like CP.

Personally, I always found this annoying. Or at least I think it would be. I never subscribed on CP.

But random people coming to your house would be a little awkward, don't you think? And what is the point? You don't really gain anything.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
thefireball123456 wrote:
bettermixmaster wrote:

i dont like this because i would wanna have a party and have people ivite people but with the kicking people out! SIGHN ME UP i sometimes have all these noobs in my house asking me for treasure cards and being down right anoying

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I agree. I will invite a friend over to my house and many of their friends and friends of their friends will port and when I ask them to leave they say nasty things to me. It is MY house and they should not be allowed to do that.

The porting problem is huge. I have had so many problems with people popping in uninvited that I have not logged in for two days. I am now in Dragonspyre trying to get to level 50 (I am level 46 now) and the pop ins are so bad that I can not do my quests so I will not even try. I will gladly help others and I sometimes ask for help myself but I never, ever pop in without getting an okay from the person. To me that is just plain rude!

Please, Please, Please add a "permission to port" button that we have to click to allow the pop ins.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
On another popular kids' game, you cannot go to a person's house unless you are friends with them. If you try and port to your friend (who is at their friend's estate), it will give you a message that you can't port to them because they are at the estate of someone who is not your friend.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
khorne wrote:
I agree. I will invite a friend over to my house and many of their friends and friends of their friends will port and when I ask them to leave they say nasty things to me. It is MY house and they should not be allowed to do that.

The porting problem is huge. I have had so many problems with people popping in uninvited that I have not logged in for two days. I am now in Dragonspyre trying to get to level 50 (I am level 46 now) and the pop ins are so bad that I can not do my quests so I will not even try. I will gladly help others and I sometimes ask for help myself but I never, ever pop in without getting an okay from the person. To me that is just plain rude!

Please, Please, Please add a "permission to port" button that we have to click to allow the pop ins.

I dont think the permisson to port is that good of a idea. True the Porting people can drive you nuts but think about this. Say you want to talk to your friends in the commons and your wearing your high level gear, your level48 pet, and a grandmaster badge. You will get bombarded with freind requests and then you cant talk to your friends cause every 10 seconds " Level1 wants to be your friend" comes up. This is what it will be like if they had that. Say your in a battle and time is running out your about to click your card and BOOM " So So wants to teleport to you" window comes up and you cant click your card in time and you die.

( hint hint, i need a turn off friend requst button )

The best idea i have is the boot button for houses ( boot is a popular tool used in many games to get people away from ya ) and for battle is more of teleporting then fleeing from the battle, leaving a 3v1 match. My idea to fix that is you will get a power up of attack,def,pips, or health when someone flees a non-pvp battle. Or when someone flees a computer will also flee.

I had " friends" that are level 30 and have clothing from marlybone mooshu and dragonspyre, savior of the sprial badge, and really bad spells. What they would do is when i was off soloing quests they will randomly pop in, find that the enemies are strong and flee for their lives kill me in the prosses.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
A boot option would be good, or maybe a checkbox to "allow only friends", or "block everyone". And anyone that is on ignored list shouldn't be able to enter either.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
khorne wrote:

QFT! I have this same problem too. I'm having a hard enough time handling two monsters without a weak level 16 popping in, dragging one more into battle and then fleeing. I've already had to twice delete all my "friends" because of the problems they've caused by doing this.

Another problem I face is a "friend" who will send out desperate please for help and request people port to him, then I get there and he just wants me to take him to the hidden Krokotopia shop (which I can't do). I left an instanced area because I thought he was in a battle or something important to the game.

I'm about ready to delete all my "friends" again.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
A boot button wont help during battles when people pop in and flee leaving you with extra monsters to battle. For your house it would work, but how many will pop back after you boot them? Maybe an invite button would be better? That way people can not port to you house unless you invite them.

Well, whatever idea KI comes up with to help with this annoying problem is fine with me. I am ready to totally delete my friends list and solo the game.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
PeteWhite wrote:

QFT! I have this same problem too. I'm having a hard enough time handling two monsters without a weak level 16 popping in, dragging one more into battle and then fleeing. I've already had to twice delete all my "friends" because of the problems they've caused by doing this.

Another problem I face is a "friend" who will send out desperate please for help and request people port to him, then I get there and he just wants me to take him to the hidden Krokotopia shop (which I can't do). I left an instanced area because I thought he was in a battle or something important to the game.

khorne wrote:
A boot button wont help during battles when people pop in and flee leaving you with extra monsters to battle. For your house it would work, but how many will pop back after you boot them? Maybe an invite button would be better? That way people can not port to you house unless you invite them.

Well, whatever idea KI comes up with to help with this annoying problem is fine with me. I am ready to totally delete my friends list and solo the game.

Well you know when people get annoying I just delete them. I actually have a few friends whom I really have fun with. You act like you didn't either add them yourself or accepted there request, I'm lvl 35 and I won't even accept anyone unless they are atleast 25, and I don't request unless they are 35 and higher. you should always mark where you are questing anyway, and if some one pops in and adds a guy right as your where killing that last guy and you wasted this turn on an attack instead of healing and then they flee and you get DEFEATED! OH WELL, just heal and "Port to Marker" then delete them from your friends list and go on about your business

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
bettermixmaster wrote:

i know the feeling. when i was making a maze of my house my non text chat friends may come and i can really ask them to go away :(

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
PeteWhite wrote:
khorne wrote:

the fake help part is mean :x .but most of my friends dont do it thank goodness. i havent even heard of it until now!

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Jahtee wrote:
PeteWhite wrote:

khorne wrote:

Well you know when people get annoying I just delete them. I actually have a few friends whom I really have fun with. You act like you didn't either add them yourself or accepted there request, I'm lvl 35 and I won't even accept anyone unless they are atleast 25, and I don't request unless they are 35 and higher. you should always mark where you are questing anyway, and if some one pops in and adds a guy right as your where killing that last guy and you wasted this turn on an attack instead of healing and then they flee and you get DEFEATED! OH WELL, just heal and "Port to Marker" then delete them from your friends list and go on about your business

that may be all well and good for you to just deleat your friends i take no menu chat only friends and i tell all my friends to ask before porting one time i forgive with a reminder, two times gets a lecture three times gets you deleated, but this still does not stop all the port people, friends have friends who will port in and some stay others leave i think if it is my quest, my instance i should be able to say who can come in or not as i have had a friend of a friend port in and bring another friend bloking the two friends who were invited from the instance. the two extras "hid" while my friend and i did all the work of the st fights, came in for the tower battles and got nasty with me telling me i was ruining thier game. I was in the lab in ds and they were only lvl 20 somethings. when the first ported to my friend my friend asked them to leave and the porter just went and hid then had a friend port to them for the xp

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i think if you leave your house then all people should be kicked out but they are not if you leave them there they can stay until they want to leave, i have found that this game as much as i love it has a lot of people who seem to go out of their way to be a inconvenience to you.
we need more control over personal space in game like option to accept friends
we would have the same option for someone wanting to enter battles and porting to us

and as for booting people from your house that would be a fun option but i can see kids being mean and inviting people over so they could kick them out

children can be very cruel

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Boot button would be perfect!!! I would love that, I have like a really nice house and everything. So, I really want one ( boot button )