Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Removal from Friends List

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I remove people from my friends list quite often to keep down on the world jumpers and folks who always want help but never seem to be available when I need them lol. A few days ago, someone who I had removed from my friends list was (Repeatedly) able to teleport to me. I asked them to please stop and even changed realms to stop them from "finding" me. I was farming for a boss drop in DS and didn't want a lvl twenty something to get my lvl 45 fire sword (wand). How were they able to port to me when I removed them from my list? I thought removing someone stopped this? If you have to "ignore" these people (which is what I eventually did) why is there a remove option? Just asking the question and wondering if this is a bug or if just how the game works. Thanks for looking into this.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I too am wondering just how the removal works.

I have accidentally added people to my list because they asked when I was working on my deck or when hurrying to clear my screen, because they asked when I was running somewhere.
When I discover the unwanted names on my list I quickly remove them...thinking that my doing so also removes me from their list....yet I have had them teleporting to me in the middle of fights. (They do not hang around to help as they are world jumpers and quickly discover that they are over matched so flee leaving me to have to fight the extras they have brought in! )
Does removing someone off your list also remove you off of their list????

I really wish there was a way to turn off friend requests!!!!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
Please wizard 101 staff please take care of the ignore list, removal list. I am removing people and also ignore then remove and they still can port to me. This is getting real annoying. Most of the people i encounter to take these measures are nothing but trouble. Please fix this soon Thank you :x

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
In addition, what is the point of the ignore function when it ultimately deletes that person from your list as well when you hit don't ignore? It would be nice to ignore and then be able to undo and still have that person there. It would give us the ability to be "invisible" if we're trying to accomplish something without anyone running in on us.

Defender
May 15, 2009
LuckieWabbit wrote:

I really wish there was a way to turn off friend requests!!!!

Yes! Since, literally, the first minute I logged in (I started yesterday), I've been innundated with blind friends list requests.

What's worse is that it takes the focus of the entire screen; it is difficult to get into the fantasy game when when you're slapped in the face with a computer pop-up.