Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! Wizard101's eating up my wifi!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
I was just sitting down, playing wizard101 and my bro was using the apple. Suddenly our wireless internet turned off. So we reset the modem and router, and then it was working again. My bro did some research on our router. Then I opened up wizard101 again, and the wifi shut down a few seconds later. So my brother did some research on the laptop and I kept off of Wizard101. Wizard101 is taking up too much wifi!

Evan, Archmage life who may not be able to play again with another computer on

Administrator
Without knowing specifics about your router, I'd have to hazard a guess that it is either a low end router/wifi or low bandwidth Internet.

Your best bet is to contact our support team and send them that information - they will help you diagnose the issue.

It also may help to make sure that your neighbors are not using your wifi connection - keep it password protected and not publicly broadcasting outside of your home network.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Make sure your wireless router is not stick in an enclosed space with no ventilation. Also make sure it is upright, not on it's side or upside down. This tends to happen to certain brands when they overheat.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
your right i had a low router and it was terrible nothing with wifi could work when i had w101 on, but when i got a high one everything was working again