Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strengths and Weaknesses of the Schools..?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
I am thinking of making a new wizard and I am wondering which type I should make them. Since no school is "The Best" I am wondering what the strengths and weaknesses of all the different schools are so I can decide from there.

Thanks! :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
adrirose wrote:
I am thinking of making a new wizard and I am wondering which type I should make them. Since no school is "The Best" I am wondering what the strengths and weaknesses of all the different schools are so I can decide from there.

Thanks! :)

This link has an old reply from Professor Greyrose that might help:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/9267.ftl

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Storm - High damage level. but our accuracy starts at 70% and our health is the lowest of all the schools. We can remove positive charms from enemies and negative charms from ourselves.
Ice - Has high health and good shields, but it's attacks don't do too much damage without boosts. Their accuracy is moderate.
Fire - Has pretty high hit spells and the most damage over time spells, but they have 75% accuracy and the second lowest health. They can steal charms as well.
Life - They have second highest health (I think) and can heal fairly well, but their attacks are the weakest. They do however, have 90% accuracy.
Death - This school is heavily reliant on traps and blades etc., but they can steal health and give health or negative charms to others.
Myth - This school can take off shields, stun, and remove blades at higher levels. At lower levels they get minions to help them. However, once they level up to high levels the minions become less useful. In terms of accuracy and damage they are in the middle.
Balance - These guys can blade and trap other as well as shield others and themselves, but their shields are only 50% as opposed to the 70% from other schools. Their damage, accuracy and health are moderate.