Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playing as a different race

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
Humans! Yes! Humans!
Why not play elves that are the same height as us? Elves are magic dwellers too!

Why not play an evil side?
Why can't we have more than 1 race? Do you like seeing humans all the time!?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to be introduced to a new friendly or evil race?

Give ideas of a cool race!

Agree or disagree

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
life367 wrote:
Humans! Yes! Humans!
Why not play elves that are the same height as us? Elves are magic dwellers too!

Why not play an evil side?
Why can't we have more than 1 race? Do you like seeing humans all the time!?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to be introduced to a new friendly or evil race?

Give ideas of a cool race!

Agree or disagree

Go to the crown shop...those are available. And the morphing spells are trainable in Celestia.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I agree that another race such as an Elf would be a cool addition to wizard101.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
My take on this is that, this whole epic quest was intended for one wizard. let me explain:

When you create a new wizard, Gama and Ambrose, are discussing about you being a wizard
a) from a world that does not believe in magic (earth of course, which makes the wizard a human by default)
b) with the potential to save the wizard city and eventually the spiral

This assumes that only humans are inhabitant of earth (well disregarding animals and what not) and specifically you , out of all those humans, can save the spiral. you might argue about the presence of millions of others like you , but that's because the story-line doesn't consider them, the game-play does, but not the story-line (which acts as fate here really). the game-play sees other wizards as helpful friends of sorts, but ultimately this quest of saving the spiral was designed for you exclusively. someone who just so happens to be a human. so every time you're making a new character, you enter the spiral as the center of the story line, therefore can't be of any other race because the story-line chooses just this one human from earth as its champion, if you will. for the purpose of the story-line, there cannot be another playable type of character.

Anyways if we disregard all this headache, then yes it would be fun to play as a being from another world (i personally would love to play as one of the cows of mooshu).