Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheating Dungeon Complaints.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2012
Why do they have to cheat. You know that we wizards, even in groups of 4, can't hold our own in battle. My brother was in the WaterWorks when someone messed up and used a spell without a trap on the last boss and he was killed the last minute of the battle. KI, fix this, or at least make it easier.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
powwwwdy wrote:
Why do they have to cheat. You know that we wizards, even in groups of 4, can't hold our own in battle. My brother was in the WaterWorks when someone messed up and used a spell without a trap on the last boss and he was killed the last minute of the battle. KI, fix this, or at least make it easier.

Actually, I call those "cheats" RULES. If you learn the rules of each boss, the battles become much more manageable. Break the rules, take a penalty. Follow the rules, WIN :)

I recommend that you review dungeon and boss guides on W101 Central before beginning a challenging battle. Knowledge, a good team, and preparation will see you to victory 8)

Good Luck,

Qbb/Iridian

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
powwwwdy wrote:

Unfortunately as difficult as this instance is, nothing will change it, those who spent hours upon hours in it would complain. KI has decided that this gear must be suffered for or you can just go with out and use your level 58 gear though Avalon?

Take heart young wizard knowing that many many wizards are unable to do this instance at all and will never get the gear and have to suffer though the upper worlds with out it or quit the game, the latter being most likely.

I have battled that area several times to no avail and am done with it and I am a grown up, I can't imagine a kid being able to complete it because of the time it takes a lone, not knowing the cheats etc - personally I have no problem with giving this gear to your wizard as a gift for making it to level 60 but that would take the chance to get out of the game and as we all learn that is what Wizard101 is all about.

Sadly as most will agree this gear is what your wizard needs since no other offering in Zafaria or Avalon compare. With all the other challenges now in the game this old one served the purpose back then but now it's just a annoyance to be able to progress in the game and should be changed.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I too am getting very disgusted with the lopsided fairness in Ironworks. I'm a level 29 Pyromancer. When I'm fighting other pyromancers whose life score is only 525, I've put up my ring of fire for a boost, and he resists my firecat spell. When he sends a firecat spell to me it's double! How is that fair! Are you deliberately trying to have all of us give up on this game? The more time I spend in Regent Square trying to get my life back the more I think about it. I understand that the game is supposed to get more difficult as you go, but c'mon! I shouldn't be having this much trouble defeating two measly nappers. What's wrong with playing fair? Is this what we're supposed to be teaching the kids, to cheat?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I too am getting very disgusted with the lopsided fairness in Ironworks. I'm a level 29 Pyromancer. When I'm fighting other pyromancers whose life score is only 525, I've put up my ring of fire for a boost, and he resists my firecat spell. When he sends a firecat spell to me it's double! How is that fair! Are you deliberately trying to have all of us give up on this game? The more time I spend in Regent Square trying to get my life back the more I think about it. I understand that the game is supposed to get more difficult as you go, but c'mon! I shouldn't be having this much trouble defeating two measly nappers. What's wrong with playing fair? Is this what we're supposed to be teaching the kids, to cheat?

Young wizard as you progress in worlds of the spiral the game also progresses in difficulty. Wizard101 has the tools to equip your wizard with to make it a better fighter. You must become familiar with them. It starts with the spells you are given but goes further with gear selection. You guest get loot and gold to go to the Bazaar, sell off unneeded stuff and buy better gear. Finally pets can also be an asset to your battling.

You can not depend on the amount of health and mana given by levels, you must supplement that with gear. With fire you can also look for gear that gives accuracy, health, mana and power pip percentage. A wand that provides a pip at start up is handy. I tend to use opposite school wands to break shields.

Lastly and probably most important is learning how to use your spell deck, think small and when you shaved cards out of it fight some and shave some more out. Boss fights stop and add a few in but in general mob fights should require your deck be not that much larger then 15-20 cards.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I've run eight of my twelve wizards through and not really came across any cheaters as early as MB. The first cheating bosses I remember coming across were in Celestia. Okay, the MB tower we first had to take on in order to go to CL. So, technically, you are right about cheating in this world. But we don't have to do this tower any more in order to get to CL.

As for the cheating, is it? I do call it that too, but its really strategy more than anything else. We learn what sets off certain attacks/traps/etc. and hopefully, figure out what to do or not do in order to defeat the opponent.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Hmmmm brwac. Good advice but I'm not sure what you mean by using the opposite wand. I should be using an Ice wand? The wand I'm using now has all different school cards attached. I also have the higher rank card that comes with my amulet. I also try to keep my deck pretty lean. But are you saying I should be using a wand with Ice sparklers attached? I'm not sure I understand.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
The whole point is to test and challenge, especially in dungeons and bosses; develop some strategy, teamwork, and avoid complacency. Are they my favorite type? Nope, but I do it anyway with trusted friends who will keep doing it with me until we all finish. I'll bet the careless friend and others in party are more attentive now.

Also should this even be in MB section as nothing of MB is even mentioned? Maybe referring to Kensington Park-or were there cheats in that one?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Hmmmm brwac. Good advice but I'm not sure what you mean by using the opposite wand. I should be using an Ice wand? The wand I'm using now has all different school cards attached. I also have the higher rank card that comes with my amulet. I also try to keep my deck pretty lean. But are you saying I should be using a wand with Ice sparklers attached? I'm not sure I understand.

Yes, I use an Ice wand on my Fire wizards. In the first few worlds it isn't that important but as you go higher Fire bosses are going to put ice shields up and opposite school wands will help you break them so you can use your convert. Also using other school wands prevents you from using your blade and traps up if you want to cast it waiting for pips for instance.

Since a wand is an important part of my gear I upgrade them as available for my level, toward the end of game they come with quite a bit of bonuses that help your wizard - early on just getting one with pip is really helpful.

Note - I have heard and did test this out, if you put your convert (prism) up prior to the monster putting the shield up the shield does not work for the next fire spell you cast. For those of us who are lucky and get that convert out there quickly this is a nice bonus.

The only schools I have found no advantage to using opposite school wands so far are, Death and Balance. The most important school I have found opposite school wand for is Life since most all life monsters cast a death shield on them selves, sometimes repeatedly - ugh.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
quilteddawg63 wrote:

Have you tried converts? I find them to be quite useful as a Dviner. See, as I'm sure everyone knows Storm has spells that should be one to two hits and we'll finish the enemy. Unfortunately, Storm enemies just don't get the point and I have to throw on converts to blow away the resist. Ultimately, this is worth it, believe me. You can still hit high if you place convert first, then your school traps.