Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-28-12

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I think that it would be helpful to add a grouping feature in the game. This way people could just say what quest they are on and request help. I usually have to wait in front of dungeons for a long time before anyone comes to help me, especially in higher level areas.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Normally, my friends will help me, or i'll hire henchmen, but an LFG Tool, if that's where this is going, would be a great addition, especially for high-level dungeons like ToH or WW.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
even though i have been playing for a long time and i have like a list full of friends its a nightmare :D lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
For regular instances, I'm so awesome that I can take on anything myself.

For cheating bosses/dungeons, I usually have trouble finding help. I'm a solo player, but that's because most of my in-game friends are on the opposite coast.

A possible solution: in addition to the existing realms, how about adding a couple for specific time zones (I think I got them right)? Since w101 HQ is in Texas, and everything is in Central time, I used that as a benchmark...

Pacific (Central -2hrs)
Mountain (Central -1hr)
Central
Eastern (Central +1hr)
Atlantic (Central +2hrs)
Newfoundland (Central +2.5hrs)

Just my 2 cents.

-El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:
When it's a new world, or it's a dungeon that drops essencial items, it is very easy to find people to do a dungeon with.

However, dungeons in Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia, these areas are no longer flooded with people and it's a lot harder to find people to do these dungeons with.

It's that simple really.

I even had problems looking for people in zafaria and mirror lake.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Until my husband started playing, I soloed many dungeons or just depended on dumb luck to find someone else needing to do it. I've started strictly controlling who I accept as a friend and severely pruned my friends list because lower levels (who I once accepted pretty much automatically if they asked) kept popping into the other worlds they weren't ready for. As someone mentioned, that makes battles harder to deal with. I'm a hag now though; I just let 'em go down and remove them from my list if they do that more than one time.

I'm willing to help any of my friends in a dungeon if I'm not busy in one myself, but the constant begging for help when I say I'm in a battle gets old in a huge hurry. (And "One minute, I'm busy fighting" is a bit of a lie when you're at the higher level worlds. It needs to say "Give me 10 minutes; they're eating me for lunch here and I'll get to you when I heal up." 8) )

A way to find help when someone is having trouble solo would be really nice.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I had to pick #1 always have friends on that will help me. But that's because I almost always play with my sister.

But a lot of people say they have trouble. I have two ideas:

* A similar thing as to the PvP lists. You can hop on a sigel like now, with friends & strangers - Or - you can join 2, 3, 4 person teams to do given dungeons. Go about your business till the call comes up and then port.

* I have also wished that Wizard101 (and now Pirates101) had a message system like they have on Foopets. It's not instant message - though they have that, too. It's like a local version of Facebook. The players can opt in or out, and there is limited information on the page. But game or irl friends can leave messages on the wall/board.

I have many times wished I could let a friend know I was going to be able to play or hatch at a certain time. Or that I wasn't going to be able to hatch at our agreed time. But I still wanted to and wasn't ditching them.

It's a way people could communicate without asking for e-mail addresses etc. Which would be too personal.

And there's an ignore or such button too, so people that might be harassing , could be unable to leave messages. I think there's a report button too.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

This week, let's chat about dungeons, specifically, finding folks to help you out when you're in need. Please vote in the poll and comment below if you'd like to elaborate.

Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone! ::grin::

I think there should be some way to find people

The brilliant minds at kingsisle Should be able to find some way to do this :D

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
akitahbird wrote:
Hi Professor! Sorry I was late to class last week. I recently started taking some myth classes and I got sidetracked when my troll card kept fizzling... You know how it is... Anyways, I'll bring in some orange-cranberry muffins for the next class, ok?

I normally have a pretty easy time finding a group for dungeons. I have a questing buddy, and he helps me out with most things. Well, he is a little ways ahead of me, but we are getting me caught up.

But, there are times whe he isn't online, and neither are my other high level friends. It would be nice to have some sort of a group organizer or something. But, this might be more difficult in the higher levels, for the chances of there being people on the exact same quest as you at the same time in, say, Dragonspyre or Celestia, are pretty slim. With my luck, I'd end up waiting for hours for someone to show up. But, this would be a great idea for Nightside and some dungeons in krokatopia, because there are more people there than in Dragonspyre. Maybe the system could organize groups strategically, such as trying to add a life wizard and a balance wizard to every group. It could also take levels into account, putting higher level wizards in groups with lower level wizards, to help them along. There could also be a team up with friends button, like in PvP.
Of course, in those less populated areas, people could just be placed into groups as they showed up, with no thoughts of strategy. First come, first serve.

Haley Fairygarden
Level 45 Life Wizard

Hi if you have text chat my friends might be able to help you there is one open spot in my group (I dont have text chat) I know my primary friends in real life (friends that are in my group) so they could probably translate for me, a life would be a great addition to our group (a lv80 storm or lv80 balance they are same person, and a lv80 ice different person, and I am a fire lv62 in Celestia, both of my friends on last quest in Avalon) there might be a spot for you in our group, if you wish to join i am Nicholas Deathbringer and i would like to know what world you are in? If you would like to we can set up a spot to meet on a certain realm at a certian time.

Nicholas
Deathbringer lv62
Legendary pyromancer

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
This would be a great idea. I do have trouble finding help for Dungeons. I feel bad for Menu Chat people because they hardly get help on Dungeons and miss out in fun stuff.

Administrator
RavenLady777 wrote:
Erm, professor? Today is the 29th.

Oops, apparently I was a day behind! ::grin:: Or, perhaps I was posting from the past! (nope, just been busy around here lately)...

Thanks for voting and the additional feedback. I'll definitely share this with all the Staff here. A new Feedback Friday will be up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea