Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you hatch a pet...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Should you get the number next to the pedigree as high as possible, or is the pedigree the only one that matters?

For instance, if I want to hatch a pet that has 52 (12) as its pedigree, should I try to get the second number higher with pet pavilion games?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Patizor wrote:
Should you get the number next to the pedigree as high as possible, or is the pedigree the only one that matters?

For instance, if I want to hatch a pet that has 52 (12) as its pedigree, should I try to get the second number higher with pet pavilion games?

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the pedigree. But what you want is the proper talents, which you get by training them. (that's the second number)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Patizor wrote:

: ok so pick a kind of pet it could be like say you hatch a angle person and anight mare one of the picks could be a pegasus like the mounts or a person hatched a fire cat and a leopard can it be a white tiger pet?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The first number (Not in parenthesis), represents how high the talents ranking are, like, the little dots next to it, all added up + an extra 20 (Minimum number is like 22 or something :P)
The 2nd number represents the talents worth.
Common = 1
Uncommon = 2
Rare = 3
Ultra-Rare = 4
Epic = 5
So if someone had "Unicorn"(An epic talent) and "Spritely"(A rare talent) and 2 uncommon derby talents talent on a 54 pedigree pet, it would show up as:
54(12) (Familiar much?)