Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest bugs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Hello I am having a problem with quests. So when I get a quest it points me to a different one for example if I was in Moshoo and I had to defeat a boss instead of the arrow pointing to the boss it points to a completly different quest area . P.S. I'm new to the message boards so sry for errors or something.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
All though I am not exactly sure how we are suppose to be using our new quest arrow properly, this is done on purpose by KI in the last big update, it is not a bug. Those of us that are not new to the game must relearn how to use this feature. I have seen new players that are unaware stacking up quite a few quests in their books in areas they have already thought they finished.

Now when you take on new quests you must click on your book or press Q - bring up your quests and select the one you currently want to do, if the quest has several parts to complete the arrow will stay with you for them but when you turn the quest in it will revert back to another quest in your book which at the time seems to be random.

Keep in mind as pointed out by others you must also do this in dungeons or it will only point you to the boss in that area not to the areas you must fight in between to get to him.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
soc1001 wrote:
Hello I am having a problem with quests. So when I get a quest it points me to a different one for example if I was in Moshoo and I had to defeat a boss instead of the arrow pointing to the boss it points to a completly different quest area . P.S. I'm new to the message boards so sry for errors or something.

And this is exactly why we have asked KI to change the quest "helper" arrow back to the way it was.

Right now, you will need to click "Q" to select the quest, even if in a dungeon. Sorry... it's annoying to say the least.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
I agree that the current Quest Arrow setup needs to be modified. What I would like to see is, if we switch it to a quest, that it stay on that quest until we change it to another quest or finish finish the quest. If you finished it, then it would shift back to the main line. It is very annoying to continually have to refocus the Quest Arrow.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Hi, this just happened today... when i defeated a raven in ravenscar for the first quest, Baldur Goldpaws popped up and said that he had an oppurtunity of a lifetime for me and i had to talk to him in Olde Town. But when i got to him, there wasn't a quest mark!!!!!! i tried talking to him but it just said what it always says!!! What happened!?!?!?!?! Please answer kingslsle!!!

Laura Emeraldstrider
level 42