Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hatching question

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I had a question about hatching. Say you have the Sea dragon trained up to epic and it ended up with Pierce train, pip o plenty, sharp shot and pain giver. Now if I hatch with another pet, would the new pet have a chance at every talent the sea dragon would have <ie spell proof> or just the talents that manifested?

ellie

Champion
May 03, 2011
Most people think--and there is anecdotal (i.e., not scientific) evidence for this--that manifested talents are more likely to turn up in pet offspring. However, I and many others have had unmanifested talents appear with some regularity. Sadly, these are often unwanted talents! But my guess is that you have the best chance of getting manifested talents, but still a chance (albeit weaker) of getting unmanifested ones.

Your best bet, if you want a particular talent, is to hatch with someone whose pet has manifested it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It will have talent combinations from both parents. Some good, some not so good.

Unfortunately, there's no way to predict if the good talents of your Sea Dragon will manifest with your hatchling, even if you level it up to Epic. There's a CHANCE to get some of the Sea Dragon talents.