Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Showing the Real power of the guardian Spirit

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
The Real Power of the Guardian Spirit spell in PvP and PvE.

People are already complaining on the nerf that could happen on the Guardian Spirit spell.

These are the players with the second highest life in the game.
Not the players with the lowest life in the game,
like my storm.

Plus people are saying, you cannot compare a heal spell to a Damage spell.

I think that you can, and that Gear heal and resist are part of the
key.

Take a typical example, a Life with 4000 hp. (and that is on the low side for most of them).

Gear boost of 41/41 on the HP, which works
out to around 199%, or lets just say 200%.

Based on the current Guardian Spirit spell...
25% of 4000 is 1000 times the Gear boost we get 2000 hp.

Add 40% resist and it takes 2800 damage to remove 2000 hp.

This is with no criticals, just a typical Life that PvP's, and I have faced several like this.

What spell can do 2800 damage, with no blades, and
just on Gear Boost alone?

I'll tell you, not one.
Even Heckhould, at five Power pips, 130 X 10 = 1300.
1300 times a typical gear boost of even 60 = 2080.
Now add in resist, and you got a total damage of 1248.

Get the relationship between Healing and damage,
there is a direct relationship.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Actually, Life's health is the 3rd highest. The order goes:
Ice
Balance
Life
Death
Fire
Myth
Storm

Myth and Fire can switch at times...

But, you did exclude some spells that can do well over 2800 damage, and really, all you have to do to defeat Guardian Spirit spammers is shield at the right time, and I and many people have had to repeatedly said this:
LIFE HAS NO DOT, THEREFORE 1 SHIELD WILL GIVE THEM TROUBLES.

Sure, they've got Imp, but you have to shield when they have blades up. There are Myth dispels so you can actually spam the shields so they don't use Earthquake or Shatter. So, getting back to the spells that can do well over 2800 damage:
Any. You can blade up all you want against a Life wizard, just keep up some Myth dispels, and all of your blades and shields and traps are safe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
The Real Power of the Guardian Spirit spell in PvP and PvE.

People are already complaining on the nerf that could happen on the Guardian Spirit spell.

Because it truly wont fix the PvP complaints. Some might think it helps, because those people truly have not done the math, or done the math incorrectly.

These are the players with the second highest life in the game.
Not the players with the lowest life in the game,
like my storm.

How exactly can you compare life with storm?

Plus people are saying, you cannot compare a heal spell to a Damage spell.

I think that you can, and that Gear heal and resist are part of the
key.

Take a typical example, a Life with 4000 hp. (and that is on the low side for most of them).

Buzz - Wrong answer! First of all, you can't have your cake, eat it too, and get more cake from everyone else. Let me explain, to get as much health as you are stating, Life must use Crafted gear, not waterworks gear. If Life uses waterworks gear, critical is much lower, block is much lower, but then, life does that the 40% resistance you state.

If life changes any of the gear from the Waterworks gear, life does get more health, more critical, but loses tons of pip boost, resistance, damage boost, healing boost.

Gear boost of 41/41 on the HP, which works
out to around 199%, or lets just say 200%.

Of course, let's just give the figures you want, who cares what actual figures are!

Based on the current Guardian Spirit spell...
25% of 4000 is 1000 times the Gear boost we get 2000 hp.

Pending on the actual gear used, it is possible. Also, this also states that Doom & Gloom, which is up to -75% off of heal, hmm, where is this in your equation? Have you tried to use infection before life casts Guardian Spirit?

Add 40% resist and it takes 2800 damage to remove 2000 hp.

This is with no criticals, just a typical Life that PvP's, and I have faced several like this.

What spell can do 2800 damage, with no blades, and
just on Gear Boost alone?

Well, since you wanted to compare Storm to Life, both Insane Bolt and Wild Bolt can do that much damage!

I'll tell you, not one.

Buzz - Sorry, wrong answer again. See, this is what I truly have a problem with, people post stuff like this, without having or stating the proper facts!

Even Heckhould, at five Power pips, 130 X 10 = 1300.
1300 times a typical gear boost of even 60 = 2080.
Now add in resist, and you got a total damage of 1248.

Ah yes, but, as always, Fire has nearly double the critical chance that life has. If life is using the Waterworks gear, as you are stating, with the healing gear, life has very low critical block. Does not sound so hard to do anymore, now does it?

Get the relationship between Healing and damage,
there is a direct relationship.

Joe.

I get the relationship between healing and damage, question is, do you? You can state biased facts all you want, but, until you look at something with both eyes, you wont see clearly, you will only see what you want to see. It's called tunnel vision!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt wrote: "I get the relationship between healing and damage, question is, do you? You can state biased facts all you want, but, until you look at something with both eyes, you wont see clearly, you will only see what you want to see. It's called tunnel vision! ".

Darthjt,

First, those horrible bias facts are from a real Life Wizard.
Second, I guess your right, we both got a bad case of tunnel vision.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt wrote: "I get the relationship between healing and damage, question is, do you? You can state biased facts all you want, but, until you look at something with both eyes, you wont see clearly, you will only see what you want to see. It's called tunnel vision! ".

Darthjt,

Joe.

Joe, it is not a matter of tunnel vision on my part. This nerf that KI has implemented, has no effect on PvP, but it does on PvE!

Why, because you don't use the same gear. I keep telling you this over and over until I am blue on the keyboard, but you don't seem to want to listen to me.

These complaints are just doing what they have always done, keep this game from expanding and being better than what it already is.

Why? Because not everything should be about or for PVP. It's that simple.
There was gear that was designed specifically for PVP, not PvE use, it should be the same in reverse, spells and gear for PvE, that is not for use in PVP.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Darthjt,

Joe.

Joe, it is not a matter of tunnel vision on my part. This nerf that KI has implemented, has no effect on PvP, but it does on PvE!

Why, because you don't use the same gear. I keep telling you this over and over until I am blue on the keyboard, but you don't seem to want to listen to me.

These complaints are just doing what they have always done, keep this game from expanding and being better than what it already is.

Why? Because not everything should be about or for PVP. It's that simple.
There was gear that was designed specifically for PVP, not PvE use, it should be the same in reverse, spells and gear for PvE, that is not for use in PVP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darthjt,

It does have an effect in PVP, but it's mininal, and has almost no effect in PVE. People can change their gear, so that means little to me. They can use simple gear, or go to the waterworks and get better gear. Having said that, I have noticed that the new gear is just about as good as the Tower and Water gear. The new Level 72 to 78 gear can be intermixed, and does bring Wizards up to a fairly good standard.

I don't agree with you on the complaints, if the majority cannot play the game, you need to let KI know it's an issue. What good is a expanding game, if no one wants to play it or if it's unfair to the majority?

Why have two sets of gear, why not do the setup the way KI is doing now.
It works fine, and it appears to me that KI allows each Wizard it's time at the top for a while. Fire is up there, but lately I have to really believe that Life is on top. The number of Wizards that I have watched over this weekend, just finally give up and stop healing, if a prime indication that Life is at the top.
For all those that say, all you need to do is learn a new stratergy, simple do this and do that, great. But guess what, it will finally push many away from the game. I have watched what my brother can do in PvP, and I question how many can beat him.
I did watch a lot of Life wizards this weekend, and I can say this, even if it falls on deaf ears.

Battle #1,
A Balance Wizard just stopped healing, and let the life Wizard take him out. Why, because of the massive heals, he just couldn't one shot him after guardian spirit brought him back.

Battle #2.
I watched a Myth finally give up, and just fled, against a life.

Battle #3.
I watched a fire and a Life battle it out for over three hours. I didn't watch the entire thing, just parts. The Life finally lost, even though he had killed the life twice. I talked to the fire afterwards, his comment was, I guess I will just quit PVP till the next world. I responded with Doom and Gloom, and adding more Infection, etc, but I could see the drive for more of this type of battle was just kind of gone.

Battle #4.
Balance, lost to Life, Mana burn still have it's bug, and is ineffective when trying to stop Guardian Spirit from being put up. Poor plan, and he lost, but the Life had lots of nasty taunts that he put up on the screen.
One thing the Life stated in the battle was, I have beaten Five Balance today.

Battle #5.
Life against a Life, was too boring to watch, I finally fled from being bored.

Battle #6 and on, I did not see one Life that lost. Life is now an amazing turtle, and if played correctly is the new #1.

Let me ask you one last question, we now have Avalon, and the new world (can't remember the name, but it has penquins in it), is already listed as following Avalon. In this new world, what do you think we will get?
There are already vendors showing us, I think, like the new 4 pip AOE for Death spell. You can see that KI is trying to Balance the game, but they are trying to keep certain variables in the game, that many don't want.
I don't know what plans they have for the future, and no one else does either. We can suggest, but I expect they already have the game planned our for the next year or maybe even years.

I am done posting on this topic, as it's a issue that is just opinions, and everyone has one.

Joe.