Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death in Avalon :-)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Cynthia3111 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
Ummmm... it isnt just storm wizards. There are normally just some arrogant players and its fine because its not all off us. Like i had someone throw a temper tantrum at me because i joined there battle in the undersea world, which name escapes me. I havent done Avalon yet but i can assure you that it isnt all of us, and you sound a little cocky yourself. Just saying, no offense. :?
Balance guys always tease me after I am defeated

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
AstroStorm on May 5, 2012 wrote:
Hey now please don't judge all storms by the way that some storms treat others, these people aren't even real storms in my eyes. With the new healing current spell i've always helped others to survive in battle, this spell makes me think of storm starting to share their compassion to others :(.
This is the definition of a stereotype.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
blackjackyagent wrote:
Life struggling? lol life has a beast new spell they will not die.
forest lord can do anything

Survivor
Jun 19, 2013
Avalon is actually pretty easy for life, I am currently in Azteca and progressing quickly. Azteca (In my opinion) is some what harder than Avalon for life... Anyways off to Floating Mountains ^ _ ^

Destiny Angletail
Level 91

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
blackjackyagent wrote:
Life struggling? lol life has a beast new spell they will not die.
You would be surprised. My mom has a life wizard and she says that life is quite difficult to play since the spells are noticeably weaker than some of the other schools spells. It also may be more of a struggle for her because she mostly solos the game.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
gweedoboy on May 7, 2012 wrote:
before people start going on a rant of how dath is the uber school and every other school is lame let me say something that will make sense to all. it not only depends on your playing style but it also depends on your situation and how you can handle it. for instance storm is the anti boss school so they are awesome there. fire is really good at there all hit moves so i guess you could say there crowd controll and plus the over time gives you the time needed to heal down teamates. death is good at hitting enemies then replenishing there own hp thus making them very good at being able to focus on one enemy at a time. life can heal and attack and heal but is very good in a group as well. in fact life is a key element in any team no matter what combanation. ice i am not really sure but i will say they are the heavy support school. they can attack and hurt a really good amount of damage and shield others with its shield spells. myth i have no idea but apparently they can hold there own because i see plenty of myth students in avalon. balance is kinda the other heavy support school. they can blade everyone and trap everyone and do all sorts of nifty stuff. i hope i dont offend any balance wizards but it seems balance works best in groups(just my opinion on balance). so there you have it and thats why there is no best schools only best schools for different situations
Beautifully said. Myth btw can indeed hold their own because of their semi-high attack, minions, and shield/ trap breaking spells.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
gweedoboy on May 7, 2012 wrote:
first of all you only leave battles at full health becuase you are death and you steal health so that title really means nothing. second of all you said all dungeons and just let me tell you there are 2 big dungeons in avalon and there is no way you did the first one alone the way it throws mammoths aronnd like a crazy rich person. third of all i am fire and i solo everything if theres no one around. i do prefer other people helping because its faster and more effective then soloing but regaurdless i can solo just as fine if not better then you can solo
Who was the crazy rich person? :) I think we can be good friends. XD

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
natenkate on May 4, 2012 wrote:
Now, now, not all storm wizzies are arrogant. I have a level 70 in every school and I try to help wherever I can, no matter what school I am currently playing. If someone needs help with a quest I have already done, I will even do a group attack just to draw fire away from them while they get their cards set-up. Doesn't matter if I die if it isn't my quest. I do agree that there are some players who are a bit consumed with their self-perceived greatness and a larger than normal percentage of them seem to be storm, but we aren't all bad. :)
Amen.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Who was the crazy rich person? :) I think we can be good friends. XD
The crazy rich person is Young Morganthe... Still want to friend her

Malorn AshThorn level 77
Luke SkyWalker level 13
Christopher FrostSword level 5

Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
hmm i agree. storm wizards act too cool just cause they are the school that do the most damage. a normal scarecrow does 400 damage to each enemy. i put a colossal on it, it does about 583 damage no blades it does over 1000 damage, what has a storm wizard got to say about that, i killed my lvl 30 friend with a colossal, elemental blade and death blade DARK SPRITE. see how strong death is, storm type needs no boasting anymore. see the power of death just with the ww gear, i think bears claw of death (athame), no amulets, forgot what ring, but its for like lvl 58s, and an epic rain beetle pet. already, 76 death damage with that.

i'm a wizard (obviously) secondary is (wish i can change it)
name is Malvin DeathWalker
lvl 80 archmage

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Excuse me, but just because you met one rude storm doesn't mean you can suddenly start bashing all of them and call them arrogant. Same thing for fire, life, etc. If you get out of every single battle with full life, great, but what does that have to do with anything other than bragging?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
gweedoboy on May 18, 2012 wrote:
btw i personally see death as one of the weaker schools 8)
Your no better then him, and that storm guy.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
gweedoboy on May 18, 2012 wrote:
btw i personally see death as one of the weaker schools 8)
and I've soloed almost all the Worlds so far with my lvl 75 Death Wizard and I have no problem with battles.

the way I see it all the schools are good they all have there own differences and that's what makes them so unique.

Jordan NightRider
Lv. 75 Necromancer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Thanks for saying something to storm wizards. Storm, just saying, please stop bragging. Your not better than everyone else. Sure you can kill, but there are so many great elements in other schools too.

Angela Gem, Exalted

Katie GoldFountain, lvl 47

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I'm in the ice school in avalon and to be honest ice is actually really good. You blade stack then hit with a ice angel that (with colossal) does 1000 base damage to all enemies so when you blade stack it it is OP. Then you put up a feint, a ice blade, a tc balance blade, a regular balance blade and infallible or vengeance then you can walk out with your chin lifted high.
Connor Ironblood level 77 and master

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
watsupdog111 wrote:
Everyone will have mass prism so everything is easy, plus storm has healing current so they don't need your help.
When healing current works, this is true, when it doesn't, and i have seen it not, that's another story.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
AstroStorm on May 5, 2012 wrote:
Hey now please don't judge all storms by the way that some storms treat others, these people aren't even real storms in my eyes. With the new healing current spell i've always helped others to survive in battle, this spell makes me think of storm starting to share their compassion to others :(.
Well said! Not all storm are like that.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Storm wizards are not all arrogant, I have some friends who are storm. However, I do have to say, I see where OP is coming from. I have seen a lot of similar attitude from the storm school. I don't group everyone into the same category. Before I friend a storm, I get to know that storm.

No one person represents one entire class.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Im a veteran player and i run with 3 different wizards but all the same its not just storms that do that man. Dont push out on every diviner just because one is arrogant. I have seen myths deaths lifes fire ice and everything be arrogant. Its a matter of perspective. I love my ice wizard and i solo all the time because i dont like to rely on others when they cannot assist me. Dont bash people. Its rude and shows how arrogant you really are.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
You are very mean to say the that Storm wizards are typically arrogant. Maybe I think the same of Death, and you help that opinion.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
Shiningfantasia on May 19, 2012 wrote:
To some support to our OP, I share this story.

Me and my friend went to fight Oyotomi the Defiler. Some snot of a storm wizard wanna-be entered our fight and remarked on how there were nothing but noobs in the ring with it (the storm snot).

Well, it (the storm snot) fired off a successful critical Wild bolt (hit for 1,000 damage that went critical) for 4,500 some damage.

I did not tell that arrogant Storm snot that my storm boost on my Storm wizard was even higher than the storm snot's boost and would have outdamaged his pathetic little damage by a landslide. Because I refused to sink down to his level. (I was playing my fire wizard.)

Point is. Most snots I met seemed to be of the Storm school. What do I do with snots? I fling them onto the ground and grind them out of existence and out of my mind with my boot, and simply refuse to acknowledge their existence.
I have my opinions on who is the arrogant school, but I will not comment because I will not be rude and make mean assumptions, like someone who's post i just read.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Wow, ouch. Because of one rude player who happened to pick my school you think it's typical. Absolutely wrong, I spend more than half of my time online helping others and don't brag about it. Unlike miss goody-goody brags on the forums to everyone and thinks she's awesome death wizard.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
Lordaria on May 3, 2012 wrote:
While playing last night, your typical arrogant Storm wizard remarked to me, that Death will have a hard time in the new world and laughed at me. So far, I've plowed through every boss and dungeon on the first try and left at full health. IMO, Life, Fire and Storm will be the ones struggling there from what I've encountered so far. Since you guys are so wonderful(Storm), don't look to me to heal you, when you're getting thumped as usual. I enjoy watching guys twist in the wind, while I leave a battle at full health.
I am currently in Azteca :) And i am a level 89 FIRE and have no problems :) i leave at like 3,000 health :) Due to my high tempo play style i reccomend it to everyone :) Even more in PvP I can usually use a 4-6 Pip Heck hound first turn colossal and kill :) Seeya in the spiral! :D