Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going "first" glitch or cheat in arena

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
A friend of mine and I both noticed we had not gone first in a match over 10 or so times. Now I know you don't always get to go first, but something is really wrong here- I had noticed people "dancing" on several occasions, and they always go first. There is also a video on youtube of someone saying there is a cheat to go first, and he wants paid to tell you. This is something fairly new, because I play tons of pvp and never seen anything like it. I don't know what this cheat is or how it's done, but it is ruining matches for the non cheaters. Find out the problem please KI and fix it. FAST!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
A friend of mine and I both noticed we had not gone first in a match over 10 or so times. Now I know you don't always get to go first, but something is really wrong here- I had noticed people "dancing" on several occasions, and they always go first. There is also a video on youtube of someone saying there is a cheat to go first, and he wants paid to tell you. This is something fairly new, because I play tons of pvp and never seen anything like it. I don't know what this cheat is or how it's done, but it is ruining matches for the non cheaters. Find out the problem please KI and fix it. FAST!

Dancing has nothing to do with going first. There is one particular youtube video which features an entire 4v4 team dancing, but they ended up going second.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:

its just a rumor that dancing makes you go first
cause i went first against a dancing enemy once
it was funny

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
The youtube video I was referring to is from 4-5 days ago- this is just one person saying wizard101 will never find out, and he wants paid.

Dancing may have NOTHING to do with it, I just said I had noticed people dancing-

Maybe it's all just a run of bad luck for players, going second alot?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I used to keep stats on stuff like this. My longest "going second" streak was 12 games in a row. So I know it can happen.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:

You can't cheat, Besides even if they are "cheating", if it ever gets fixed and they go 2nd, they're done.

Going 2nd a lot makes you a better player, because when your first its very easy to pull a win.

And I also can relate to how you feel, My team is NEVER first, it's a miracle when we are. The people who go 2nd and can pull out a win, those are the good players, not ones that "attempt" to dance for first turn.

Keep your head high, because in the long run, your getting the advantage.

@jackflame

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I think it's a rumor. Many times dancing opponents have went second. I know, because I defeated them. It's probably a bad luck streak, so don't worry :)