Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arena strategy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I am a ice wizard level 68 and i am starting up arena been doing it more often and i have 6 loses 14 wins but i am really getting mad because now i keep losing again max lifes, fires, deaths, and myths and sometimes others and i really need a good strategy for getting to warlord.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I have been studying Ice battle techniques, so even though I am Storm, I think I can help.

Rule number 1: An Ice's best Offense is a good Defense. Use lot's of Shields and Pixies.
Rule number 2: Healing Boost is a powerful stat. Go for high Healing boost to compliment the aforementioned Pixies. Also, Powerful Universal Resist is important.
Rule number 3: The Bubble War is worth it. The definition of Bubble War is to keep the field's Global Effect (nicknamed "bubble" for it's dome-like appearance) and thus keep a stat increase in your favor. You want a Balefrost up at all times, especially Treasure Card versions.
Rule number 4: Take your time, build your strength. Treasure Blades, Normal Blades, Elemental Blades, and Feints (complimented by Tower Shields) are integral to your offensive. Be sure to have several Frostbites on your enemy, to keep their defenses low. When you are all set, Wooly Mammoth or Snow Angel (Preferrably the former, however) should do the trick. If not, keep your defenses up and keep pounding them.
Rule Number 5: Infect their wounds. When building your offensive, use a lot of Infections on them, as well as Entangles, when and if you have them.

And there you have it! Keep going, and you can make it to Warlord!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
gage763 wrote:
I am a ice wizard level 68 and i am starting up arena been doing it more often and i have 6 loses 14 wins but i am really getting mad because now i keep losing again max lifes, fires, deaths, and myths and sometimes others and i really need a good strategy for getting to warlord.

gage,

Best advise I can give you, is go watch the top matched pvp's when an Ice is in there.

As a misc note,
Make sure you have at least a good pet with Dubble resist, if you can.
A pet with Accuracy will help, and reduce the fizzles.

Add Infallible, Ice really needs that.
Add Weakness, it also helps Ice.
Add TC blades, Ice can really use them with Wooley.

Have the Water work boots, and the Zafaria Crafted Hat and Robe.
A good Wand, and the Ring or Atheme from the Tower of the Helephant.
It can help Ice, if you can get one of them, and craft a Healing ring, like the ones from the crab. (can't remember the names).

Make sure to watch each card played form the Warlord Ice wizard, write them down. Watch several different Warlord Ice battles and pick out the one closes to your style. Then watch him and exactly what card he plays against each opponents, and write them down. After a while, you will know what cards you need in your deck.
Once you get the idea, make sure you set up your TC side so it will help in the overall battle. I could go on, but I know this is more than you need.

Btw, most Ice are just Blading and Blading and then hitting with Wooley, just after a shatter. Will most likely get you to Warlord, but after that most good player will start working around it and beat you.

Good luck,
Joe.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
As an experienced Warlord I would say to find some guys and team up with them. I got my warlord in 4v4 and it really wasn't hard once we found a technique/strategy.