Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My opinion on treasure card pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Treasure cards in pvp have always been argued whether it is unfair or not, so this is not a new topic at all. Some say that they need it to fight higher levels, others use it so they cast at the right time, and others use them because they don't actually have said spell. People who are against it state that it takes away from the skill involved. Honestly though, I agree with the ones who disagree with it's acceptance. It really takes away from the skill. Let me crush the other peoples' arguments:
-Higher levels should win, it's basically a dominant advantage that should not be tangled with. But I will make a demand right now that the match-up rangebe limited, as not to make differences too drastic.
-Not being able to cast a spell at the right time takes away luck. It defeats an important strategy known as deck construction. With treasure cards deck construction is highly ignored by many players. But it's a huge piece of skill.
-Not having the spell is why they exist, but for the most part, you should
notice what you lack in pvp. One should notice what you don't have and either get what you need, or arrange your deck to deal with it.(Again, deck construction)

But the main reason I don't like or use them is because their Immoral. It generally admits weakness, and you must rely on an item to win. I don't think the honorable Diego would use such trickery. He'd use his talent, and
admit defeat if he faced a more powerful opponent(That's what a hero does)

So basically, I don't think treasure cards should be usable in pvp, just in-game. They take away the honor and skill

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
emilo wrote:
Treasure cards in pvp have always been argued whether it is unfair or not, so this is not a new topic at all. Some say that they need it to fight higher levels, others use it so they cast at the right time, and others use them because they don't actually have said spell. People who are against it state that it takes away from the skill involved. Honestly though, I agree with the ones who disagree with it's acceptance. It really takes away from the skill. Let me crush the other peoples' arguments:
-Higher levels should win, it's basically a dominant advantage that should not be tangled with. But I will make a demand right now that the match-up rangebe limited, as not to make differences too drastic.
-Not being able to cast a spell at the right time takes away luck. It defeats an important strategy known as deck construction. With treasure cards deck construction is highly ignored by many players. But it's a huge piece of skill.
-Not having the spell is why they exist, but for the most part, you should
notice what you lack in pvp. One should notice what you don't have and either get what you need, or arrange your deck to deal with it.(Again, deck construction)

But the main reason I don't like or use them is because their Immoral. It generally admits weakness, and you must rely on an item to win. I don't think the honorable Diego would use such trickery. He'd use his talent, and
admit defeat if he faced a more powerful opponent(That's what a hero does)

So basically, I don't think treasure cards should be usable in pvp, just in-game. They take away the honor and skill

Before I fully respond, I'd be interested in your take on may cast pet talents, item cards, and pet item cards. Further, I'd be interested in your take on attribute enhancing pet talents such as spell proof and pain giver.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Believe it or not, a Treasure Card can add to luck or skill just as much as take it away. Why? A Treasure must be timed just as well as any other Spell Card. A few more comments...

-Higher Levels should auto-win? Really? Sure, let's crush the hopes dreams and happiness of new players with actual skill, and let High Levels who are bad duelists win instead.

-If a player ignores their actual cards in favor of Treasures, then they are destined to lose. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

-See above.

And, for your ending sentences:
Sometimes, Treasure Cards factor in to talent. Timing them right, using them well, and forming a plan with them is just as important as doingso with your own cards.

For your final sentence:
Fine, don't use them. Just duel by your moral code, and you can let others do as they please.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Before I fully respond, I'd be interested in your take on may cast pet talents, item cards, and pet item cards. Further, I'd be interested in your take on attribute enhancing pet talents such as spell proof and pain giver.

Very true. Those who are against treasure card usage, should be willing to part with their pets and gear that provide any non-primary school advantages or spells. Example, Sprite is a life only spell. Unlike Pixie, which is given to everyone, Spritely can only be obtained through dropped pets (like dropped treasures), bought from pet the stores, including Crowns (like buying treasures), or from hatching (like trading treasures). Technically, Spritely is even more cheating than using a treasure card, since the treasure card costs 1 pip to cast, Spritely is casted freely and sometimes numerous times (and has nothing to do with deck construction either).

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Personally I disagree. Treasure cards have value, sometimes lots of it. And it's not like they are re-usable. People have to farm and work hard to buy the treasures they wanted, therefore they earned them, so they deserve to use them.

Taking away treasure cards would anger most people, and would dumb down pvp even more then it is now.

I do however agree on the relying on them ALWAYS. That I think it is a bit odd, but you can't stop it.

@jackflame

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I agree with you using treasure cards should not be in pvp for all the reasons you said. They gave us these cards to use against the real enemies in the games, and sometimes players just abuse the right to have them in pvp, i mean i'm sure we all would love to see a leviathen, efreet, orthrus, medusa, and skeletal dragon be used on us by a lvl 15 in pvp right?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Ok, this is slightly biased, Have you ever been Stuck in pvp because you lacked the cards (accedental missclick, not enough pips, etc) and you lost Just because of that? have you ever been a low level and wanted to pvp to prove your skill so that you may take down people far above you're level? by the sounds of things you started to pvp when you got to the highest level possible and lower levels are taking you down (I mean no offence by this). that statement about how higher levels should basically have an instant win pretty much proved my above statement.