Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

trouble with Malistare

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
I have been waiting for this moment for a long time- I have "the final countdown" quest but I have a series of very deep-seated difficulty's:

Malistare has 10,000 health, and his minions are all death, like he is.
I can't even get to the crown of fire and it takes forever to get to the top of the great spire- not to mention having to duel 3 bosses just to get there. I am also having trouble with the three crystals. Also, I hear He drops a robe, a sword, a hat, boots, and other stuff. It better be worth it. Does he have a chest that you can trough crowns into to get that- or do you take it rough and have to HARVEST HIM FOR DAYS?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
raleigh35 wrote:
Malistare has 10,000 health, and his minions are all death, like he is. I can't even get to the crown of fire and it takes forever to get to the top of the great spire- not to mention having to duel 3 bosses just to get there. I am also having trouble with the three crystals. Also, I hear He drops a robe, a sword, a hat, boots, and other stuff. It better be worth it. Does he have a chest that you can trough crowns into to get that- or do you take it rough and have to HARVEST HIM FOR DAYS?

LOL. Don't worry- getting to him is the hard part, but it's worth it.

Yes, he drops a ton of robes and daggers... every school, except Balance, can get some really awesome school-only gear out of it (though I *think* sorcerers can use the Deathedge). He also has a chest that you can toss crowns into but, as with the other bosses, you are not guaranteed to get any specific item.

If you need help, I'm happy to tag along- the next few days, I'll be on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if Lincoln is full) between 6 pm and midnight Atlantic time; I'm in a black cloak with red trim, and ride a purple glider- that mount has been discontinued, so I'm quite easy to spot. :P Let me know if you still need a hand with this!

Laura Shadowsong
transcended sorceress

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
raleigh35 wrote:
I have been waiting for this moment for a long time- I have "the final countdown" quest but I have a series of very deep-seated difficulty's:

Malistare has 10,000 health, and his minions are all death, like he is.
I can't even get to the crown of fire and it takes forever to get to the top of the great spire- not to mention having to duel 3 bosses just to get there. I am also having trouble with the three crystals. Also, I hear He drops a robe, a sword, a hat, boots, and other stuff. It better be worth it. Does he have a chest that you can trough crowns into to get that- or do you take it rough and have to HARVEST HIM FOR DAYS?

After going though there many times for my wizards and helping I have learned a few short cuts, because I just want to get it done not for farming. Because my wizards complete all quests and side quests though DragonSprye they tend to be a bit higher then most. There are drops of gear but I have always had better on from the bazaar and don't remember ever using it. For some hints on it you can visit www.wizard101central.com which helped me at least map it out better since there does seem to be different ways you can go while in there.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
Thanks a lot! that is really helpful, but 2 things, What is "deathedge", and is he one of those bosses that has a lot of power but a lot of stuff to (example some death sword that is level 50+ that he drops, his rope, shoes, and LOTS of treasure cards)? in short, is he a get-it-all boss?

Again, thanks for the help!
-Steven deathstalker- level 48 necromancer

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Oh No!!! I got up to Malistare's door without fighting anybody but the door was locked. So from what I'm reading I have to fight my way up so the door will be unlocked??

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
carosue2048 wrote:
Oh No!!! I got up to Malistare's door without fighting anybody but the door was locked. So from what I'm reading I have to fight my way up so the door will be unlocked??

Have you set the crystal, that must be done in the beginning to open the door that leads to him? I do agree there are ways to get to Malistare with out fighting but you must go though several areas to actually get to his door.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Where is the crystal I have to set to unlock Malistare's door? Thanks for any help.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
carosue2048 wrote:
Where is the crystal I have to set to unlock Malistare's door? Thanks for any help.

You have to battle the Gurtok demons to get into the Howling Cave, which takes you to the crystal stand.

Easiest way: mark your location by the door to Malistaire's lair, then fight the gurtoks, go through the cave, and activate the crystal. As soon as you do this, just port back to the door and head in... when you get to the locked door, you have to fight the mobs on both sides of the door. Then, battle the group of shadow-wraiths just inside the door to pop M's little bubble of warmth and evil cookies.

Then... *sob* watch the gorgeous cut-scene and cry like a little girl, then remember that Malistaire is evil (well, sort of) and will most likely cook you for dinner- stop feeling guilty, forget about Sylvia, and let him have it!

Re: the Deathedge- the proper name is Malistaire Drake's Deathedge. It is an athame that he drops, possibly the only drop from him that Balance wizards can use. I'll have to take my transcended sorceress farming to confirm that, though, unless I have one in my shared bank somewhere...

He's not a get-it-all boss, as you called it, but you can (unless you're Balance) get some neat school-only gear and stuff from him.

L.S.