Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ethereal blast a mirror for spectral blast

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
What do you guys think of that? A spirit version for spectral blast, ethereal blast. More variety for balance, same pip cost, more ways around defenses, and more reasons for balance to have their spirit blade/trap. Or it could cost 5 pips for more damage instead of 4 if one would wish it to be stronger than Spectral blast overall.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If my calculations are correct we are due for another side world, before the next chapter in the Morganthe storyline. With side worlds comes new spells at lesser pip costs (sometimes). A good suggestion for a potential spell.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Very nice idea by we are missing one thing. A Shield for balance

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I was thinking it should have affects, like death hits 500 and swaps health for the caster 250

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

So far everyone seems to be on board with this idea.

I hate to break up the party, but I just wanna throw this point out there.
* if balance gets a spirit version of spectral, would that give them an unfair advantage?

I have a Balance wizard, and I love the Balance class. It's a lot of fun to play. But at the same time I want to be fair.

Balance has Chimera which is spirit. Balance can now cast from all schools. The sacrifice to that advantage is it costs 9 pips to do so.
So, if Balance was able to now cast elemental AND spirit magic for 4 pips, wouldn't that be unfair? It would literally make Balance unblockable from all angles, right?

Btw, I'm not asking rhetorically, I really am curious.. would that give Balance too much of an advantage? Maybe I'm wrong.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I did think about the death spell having a drain effect but I figure it's only right to let death keep that unique trait. Balance doesn't have to drain from its death attack. Not all death attacks drain for death anyway. Let Death school keep their unique drain trait.

As far as this being unfair. No it wouldn't be. Balance has to wait 9 pips for chimera. But chimera is designed to be a powerful spell. What I am considering is a low cost low/medium attack spirit strike for balance. Balance naturally borrows from all elements. Let balance players have the option available to choose between element or spirit, this is what the ethereal blast would allow. There is nothing unfair about balance playing as they can. Besides, just because they have more options doesn't mean one cant defend against them.