Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dr.Von's Monster or Katzenstein's Monster?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Sometimes I see the new level 68 death spell being called Dr. Von's Monster and other times I see it being called Katzenstein's Monster. Which one is the actual name or does it have two names?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
Sometimes I see the new level 68 death spell being called Dr. Von's Monster and other times I see it being called Katzenstein's Monster. Which one is the actual name or does it have two names?

Dr. von's monster is an Abbreviation of katzenstiens monster.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
The card says Dr.Von's Monster but since the creator of the monster is Katzenstein some people call it Katzenstein's Monster

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
TheDarkestMask wrote:
The card says Dr.Von's Monster but since the creator of the monster is Katzenstein some people call it Katzenstein's Monster

I actually saw Katzenstein's Monster on the card once

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:

The character's full name is Dr. Von Katzenstein, so either is appropriate. They probably abbreviated the name on the card to make it fit easier. I could have sworn that in test it said "Katzenstein's Monster" on the card, but I just verified that it does indeed say "Dr. Von's Monster" now.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Dr. Von's Monster is the real name on the card, but Katzenstein's name is Dr. Von Katzenstein. Katzenstein is a really long name, so Dr. Von's is just a shortened version of Dr. Von Katzenstein's name.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
It was called Katzenstein's Monster on Test Realm. When it was released on the Live Realm, the named was changed to Dr. Von's Monster.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:

it was katzensteins monster but they changed it in the test realm so it would fit on the card because it originally didnt. the k was off.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
The spell itself is "Dr. Von's monster" which abbreviates Katzenstein's Monster. So it's both