Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Land's end

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I have built a ladder of rugs to the top of the sultan's palace waterfall! The problem is, I can't actually walk there. Currently it is a high dive into four inches of water.... I first noticed this when exploring the waterfall in the cottage, that very basic house. You know, the waterfall next to where the unicorn appears? I tried placing rugs just under the surface when I got to the top. The problem being that I couldn't see exactly where I was placing the rugs, If I put a rug in the wrong place, or if I placed an object on top of a rug, and wanted to move it.... I often had to replace a large section of rug floor. There was also the fact that the "stairway" and the rug platform ended up using a sizable portion of my allowed outdoor items.

When I decided to tackle the huge cliffs of the sultans palace I had hoped that things would have changed. After all, by the time the sultan's palace was released, KI knew that we could go anywhere in our houses as long as we had enough rugs and crates. There was even a moderator post encouraging us to use rugs in order to reach creative new heights!

So I was wondering, for new houses, at least. Could we have actual/virtual ground where it looks like there is ground? No matter how high up, or far from the main house, could we have a surface to walk on; so long as it looks like there is a surface there? We don't have to be able to place objects on it, though that would be nice.

I would also like existing houses to be modified the same way... I don't see anything wrong with being able to walk among the tree folk standing around the life house. Perhaps give the gryphon statues above my castle gate some statue friends.

I do know that this is asking a lot. I just would like to be able to walk all over my little house dimensions.

Oh, and while you are at it, could you guys whip up a staircase? So that I can stack a few steps on top of each other, instead of stacking fifty rugs and crates on top of each other?
Thank you.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
i agree completely. i worked for weeks on a rug path only to mess up cause i couldnt see where i put the rugs

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I see that very few wizards are of an architectural state of mind. It is just that thy went to the trouble of drawing the tops of the cliffs and waterfalls, it would be nice to use the space. I suppose huge, gigantic, rugs could work...

I really could use some steps or staircases as well.