Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with pet (hatching and training)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Hi All,

I am a level 38 Death Wizard and I have couple of pets I have trained up to atleast Ancient level.

My best pet right now is a Golden Piggle which has a potential talent of 44(19). It has already reach the Epic level. So should I continue to train him to be 44(44)? Is it even possible to do it? The pet is a Myth pet.

It currently gives me the following help in battle:
+4% Pip chance
+5% Myth attack
+95 Health
+5% Myth Accuracy

I want a pet that can help to heal me during battle. Which pet should I hatch it with to produce such a hybrid pet?

Should I actually get a pet that is same school as me ie Death?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Champion
May 03, 2011
If you want healing, i.e., either May Cast Sprite or May Cast Unicorn, you need a pet with a higher pedigree. You can hatch this Piggle with, say, a Sea Dragon that has Spritely and have some chance of getting a new pet--either a Piggle or a Sea Dragon, with Sprite. But obviously if you had this pet--the Sea Dragon with Spritely--you wouldn't need to hatch a new one! So, my advice is to find a high-pedigree death pet, at least 60 or so, and start over. Myth talents aren't going to do you much good as a Death wizard. You can look up which pets get Spritely or Unicorn and start there. Or, you can find someone to hatch with you who already has a higher-pedigree pet with the talents you want.

Warning: getting your ideal pet is time-consuming and gold-costly. It takes patience. I have five pets with healing and resistance now, but I started with one Spinyfish that had Spritely and Spell-Proof. I won't tell you how many failed hatches there were between then and now. :( But it is possible to get a good pet with some planning and patience.

Oh, and you can't max out the second number by training. That's just the number of potential talents that your pet has (randomly) manifested, or, to put it another way, the number of latent talents in the pedigree that have manifested. It's like dominant and recessive in genetics. The second number represents the dominant (manifested) talents. The first number represents the overall potential of the pet.

I'm not a pet expert, but that's what I've learned the last few months. Happy to answer anything I can, if you have other questions.

Good luck!

Defender
May 13, 2009
you cant train a pet to 44(44). the number to the left represents the talents learned. So if your pet knows a rare talent, the number to the left raises by 3, ultra rare if 4, epic is 5, uncommon is 2 and common raises it by 1. Your pet can only learn 8 abilitys in total. If you add up the abilitys that your pet has learned through raising its level, you will get that left number. If you could train your pet to a ultra epic or something the left number can raise (but you cant). Once your pet is epic the left number cant raise at all.

-From Evan Hexshield lv.70 fire wizard