Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charged for items already sold at bazaar

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I have been trying to buy aether and fossil for the legendary craft quest at the bazaar. Sometimes I am lucky enough to acquire them.

But I have noticed that sometimes I will hear the "cash register" sound, see my gold reduced, but then I get the message that "Sorry - item already sold." But I was charged for it, I didn't get the item, and my gold count doesn't go back up!

This has happened several times now! My gold is being deducted and I don't get the reagent?!

Anyone else seen this???

:-(

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@ellielee,

Yes, I noticed the same problem over the past few days. It seems that the inventory is not able to keep up with the fierce, rapid buying of reagents and accompanying refresh rate.

I'd love to know what's the issue. Are we really are being charged for items that are already sold.

Thanks,

qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Artisan

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
ellielee wrote:
I have been trying to buy aether and fossil for the legendary craft quest at the bazaar. Sometimes I am lucky enough to acquire them.

But I have noticed that sometimes I will hear the "cash register" sound, see my gold reduced, but then I get the message that "Sorry - item already sold." But I was charged for it, I didn't get the item, and my gold count doesn't go back up!

This has happened several times now! My gold is being deducted and I don't get the reagent?!

Anyone else seen this???

:(

I have seen this in the Bazaar too! ( but not for reagents :/ ) I have seen this for Housing only and yes It is frustarting making up all that money did not pay off

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Yes have the same problem all the time in Bazaar. This has happened more times then I care to count. The Bazaar taking your gold and not giving the item. Someone needs to fix this!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
same i bought a gold pearl, took my gold but no gold pearl! LOL

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
yep just live with it. it happens all the time to me

Yes - so easy to say...

I have 2 Legendary Artisans, both of which took a lot harvesting work and some luck at the bazaar.

Just because it happens, doesn't make it right. The gold is hard earned through farming and whatnot. Paying for something and not getting your gold back or not getting the item is wrong.

It's easier to shrug it off when you are at the gold cap etc. But what about the person working on Grandmaster Artisan who isn't in Zafaria and doesn't have much to sell? The one who "bought" a golden pearl for 3500 and got nothing? If it happens enough, that's a lot to lose...

Please address this KI. All I ask is that we get our gold back if we didn't get the item...

Thanks!

Nora RavenSong lvl 70 Balance - Legendary Artisan
Elllie NightWeaver lvl 63 Death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 Storm
Nora WillowSmith lvl 70 Life - Legendary Artisan
Ellie DrakeMancer lvl 31 Fire
Ellie GriffinBane lvl 9 Myth

Historian
May 01, 2010
I have figured out that if you dont just buy it (clicking the buy, not buy more) then this WONT happen, it will just say 0 ... bought for 0 gold. On the flip side, buying might be faster, but this is much more likely to happen. (its a gamble-no gold spent, more time, oor less time, but at a risk of spending gold on nothing.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Im wondering if this is a old bug or did this just start to happen after the release of the new world....

Plus although i know getting nothing after paying for it be it a game or real life is very anoying but unless you bought gold with crowns I would not hold your breathe I believe they will fix it ... but i also Believe at this point they have alot on there plate .... and i am sure they are acessing what is important at the moment and what can be fixed later....

Thanks for Reading

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
This happens to me on a daily, hourly, 1/2 hourly intervals, most times I now wait for there to be more then 1 of the crafting item in list just to buy 1.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Wow I think it got fixed! I noticed this just today...

Thanks KI!
And thanks to everyone for their comments!

:)
Happy Buyer