Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with loosing pips

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Problem with Pips

My hubby was playing last night in Marleybone. (Kazestien Lab and the towers east and west.)

When he would cast a multi hit card . If the person he put it over died before he could hit them. He would loose 4 pips. Is this the new norm. Before if you put it on a character you just missed your turn. Now you miss your turn and loose pips. It never did this before last night

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I have had this problem as well, and I have a suggestion to make this better. Instead of multi hit spells needing a target they should act like the self heal pixie card, and always cast no matter what. This way if one of the targets is killed your attack will still work, as long as there are any enemies. I seriously hope this gets changed.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yea i have seen this. If the target died even if you dont cast a spell you lose the pips. It does seem to be with the multi hit cards.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Uh Gamma would you please clarify if not can you send in Prof. Greyrose :) thanks.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Valar wrote:
I have had this problem as well, and I have a suggestion to make this better. Instead of multi hit spells needing a target they should act like the self heal pixie card, and always cast no matter what. This way if one of the targets is killed your attack will still work, as long as there are any enemies. I seriously hope this gets changed.

Tachnically speaking, a pixie actually does have a target. It's just assumed. That traget is technically considered to be the first opponent (dagger). May have changed to self, but nonetheless, it always has a target. Every spell needs a target in order to fulfill fundamental propetries of spell casting.

The whole round of combat is actually played out as soon as the last spell is chosen (yes, really). Anything redundant, useless, or cast of whose target has been removed before its casting is aborted. This includes mana use in attack spells on a monster when that monster will be killed before your turn.

The using up of pips, in this case, is a bug, quite clearly; hope it gets fixed.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
True the pixie does have a target for a split second, but it quickly disappears. The problem is that multi hit cards hit everything, therefore they should target everything, which would allow them to still cast as long as something is left to target.

If I am not in the first spot in a duel I usually try to wait until everyone before me has chosen their target before I choose my own, so that I know my target will still be there when it is my turn. Sometimes the people in front of me are also waiting for some reason, probably to see what I attack or whatever. I wait until about 5-8 seconds left and select a target only to find out during the round that someone before me selected the same target and killed it, causing my spell to go to waste and usually making the duel a few turns longer because no one has any pips left. Its usually only the people who dont have text chat that i really have this problem with because I cant easily tell them what I am going to do.

I have also had people switch their targets at the last second to mine and kill it before I cast my spell, which really makes me mad.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2008
As a Storm wizard using tempest it's very annoying. I have been waiting until the last possible second so that I don't lose all of my pips, but I still lose them to those who are unfamiliar with the problem.

If you aren't first in line... you are susceptible to this "undocumented feature".

Please correct this as soon as possible :)

Thank you

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Still waiting for a response. Would really like to know. Yes no maybe looking at it. Working on it.

Or sorry your question makes no sense so we are ignoring it :)