Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the best class?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I was just wondering what people thought the best class to play was. Something good for pvp and pve. Also I would like to know what people think of the fire class.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Brodie62 wrote:
I was just wondering what people thought the best class to play was. Something good for pvp and pve. Also I would like to know what people think of the fire class.
its ok but death is the best!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Info about each school plus some cool spells

Ice: Good defense and Highest health. Ice students are somewhat weak when attacking. Nice accuracy. 80%. Ice wyvern, Colossus, Ice Giant

Storm: Great Offense. Lowest health and Lowest accuracy. 70% Kraken, Stormzilla, Triton

Life: Heals others. Theurgists have good moves and the highest accuracy.90% Seraph, Centaur, Satyr, Sanctuary

Myth: Have minions to help. Good spells. 75% Minotaur, Humungofrog, Earthquake

Death:Have good moves and good accuracy. Traps boost damage for example feint gives the user and the enemy 70% to next attack. 85% accuracy. Skeletal pirate, wraith, vampire, scarecrow

Balance: Well rounded. Hydra, Judgment. 85% accuracy

Fire: Good attacks. 75% accuracy. Helephant, Phoenix, Dragon

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Thank you guys. happy with my fire wizard for now. Do still want to hear what other peole think so plz keep posting.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If any class were the "best" in that generality, it would need to be nerfed.

In a properly balanced game, there are no bad classes, but only bad players. Sometimes the density of competent players varies by class, which can create the illusion that some classes are better than others.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I understand the whole balance class thing and I realized I didn't fraise my question as good as I should have. What I meant was which class is the most fun to play and all around balanced in every way. Able to take on any sit but isn't OP like druids in WOW.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
In WoW, the "strongest" class is whichever one most recently had its talent trees redone. That will change by the time you're high level, of course.

Here, if your criterion is well balanced, then perhaps try the Balance class.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Honestly the classes are all equal in my opinion. You can never have a "best" class in this game which is pretty nice. Although my favorite would probably be myth, just because of the minions though. Minotaur minion owns :-P

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Brodie62 wrote:

there is no best class. each class has its strengths and weaknesses. it all depends on what you prefer. :-)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
I'd go with death. I have other wizards of other schools but my death wizard is my best. 8)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I agree with most everyone else that right now (at least to a newish person like myself) that the game seems pretty well-balanced and that the best class is the one that best fits your play-style.

I personally found the little quiz that they give you at the beginning to be pretty accurate as far as it figuring out my play-style. In other games I normally like to play the 'tank' type, and the quiz said I should be an Ice wizard.

I think also, more than just your primary class, picking a good complementary secondary class/other skills and equipment also goes a long way toward refining your play-style and turning a good wizard into a great one.

:-) Also most importantly the best wizard no matter what anyone else says is the one that you are having the most fun playing.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
I think fire is the best! (I am a ice character). Oops! But fire is the best acurrancy and great damage. Also I think all classes are best!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
critterkins wrote:
I think fire is the best! (I am a ice character). Oops! But fire is the best acurrancy and great damage. Also I think all classes are best!

Lol I agree that all of the classes are pretty cool.
level 25 now woot. I only play once a week :-P

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Yeah I think you should try all of them out. Each school has a slightly different strategy you use but all of them are fun to play.