Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interacting with furniture.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
It would be nice. Even something as simple as sitting in a chair, or flipping pages in a book. Lighting or dousing lights. Things of that nature. Otherwise, it's just eye candy.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Defender
Sep 05, 2010
UncleGlenny wrote:
It would be nice. Even something as simple as sitting in a chair, or flipping pages in a book. Lighting or dousing lights. Things of that nature. Otherwise, it's just eye candy.

I have tryed posting this exact sentance almost, and people were like "Thats too much, wizard101 is meant for battle." And I said "Then why do they have houses?" I Also Want This BAD.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I second also you should be able to sleep eat, and write for sleeping the light should change and eventually a message would appear at the bottom like talking to a npc character saying something like you are tired you should go to bed. when you sleep the lights would go out for a few seconds then they would come back on and you would out out of bed. eating would not comsume items so you do not wast your money on food ad something like a stamina bar that would decrease a bit untill night but not by any thing else but not sleeping would only make you slower when it emptied (even on a mount.) and ad a hunger bar also make you slower untill you ate

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Champion
May 03, 2011
I don't think KI will ever allow wizards to lie down. I probably don't need to explain why, but suffice it to say this is a family game, and that function could be abused, leading to, shall we say, inappropriate behavior. But sitting! Yes, yes. I have all these nice sitting areas in my houses and can't sit. It's annoying, and makes the houses mostly, as someone said, window dressing. Please let us sit down and have tea :-) with our friends.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
I don't think KI will ever allow wizards to lie down.

Allowing you to lie down can be done without any issues. you select lie down and change to a lump under the blankets if it's a bed, or a lump under a throw of some sort if it's a couch or bench.

And I completely agree with the OP. it would be very nice to be able to interact with the furniture.

There's a toy train set. I'd love to be able to turn it on and off, to add track pieces to it, and so on.

I'd like to be able to have a coat rack and hang my pvp gear on it.

I'd like to have real sets of furniture for rooms, not just random piece that more often than not don't fit my house and really belong in a museum or in a trophy room, not my living room, kitchen, dining room and so on. Something as simple as a fridge, sink, stove, table and chairs for a kitchen is impossible to acquire at present.

Wizard101 is evolving and I think it's really long past time that KI gave serious thought to houses and what people do with them. And provide a much richer set of options and addons than we have now (and by richer I don't mean charge us crowns for stuff).

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Sometimes I get upset looking at all that furniture I can't even use! I really want this!

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
I don't think KI will ever allow wizards to lie down. I probably don't need to explain why, but suffice it to say this is a family game, and that function could be abused, leading to, shall we say, inappropriate behavior. But sitting! Yes, yes. I have all these nice sitting areas in my houses and can't sit. It's annoying, and makes the houses mostly, as someone said, window dressing. Please let us sit down and have tea :-) with our friends.

I second! I want my house to be interacted with so bad. It would be nice to use the stuff for once XD

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There have been many, many posts regarding this. Almost everyone agrees. Why KI doesn't pay attention is beyond me. I see no harm in allowing people to sit, individually, at a table, in a chair, on a park bench, etc.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
This would be the best thing EVER! I would love it if i could use all the furniture in my house, which is only sitting there collecting dust right now :( I would love to be able to feed my fish, serve root beer, have a fire in my fireplace to turn on and off, to read a newspaper or book, and to eat the food that i have bought. If we ate the food, it could reappear when we are done with it. If we could interact with our furniture, I would be on Wizard101 a LOT more, and I would get more crowns to buy cool furniture with

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

One person at a time sleeping. xD

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
tabby714 wrote:
I don't think KI will ever allow wizards to lie down.

Allowing you to lie down can be done without any issues. you select lie down and change to a lump under the blankets if it's a bed, or a lump under a throw of some sort if it's a couch or bench.

And I completely agree with the OP. it would be very nice to be able to interact with the furniture.

There's a toy train set. I'd love to be able to turn it on and off, to add track pieces to it, and so on.

I'd like to be able to have a coat rack and hang my pvp gear on it.

I'd like to have real sets of furniture for rooms, not just random piece that more often than not don't fit my house and really belong in a museum or in a trophy room, not my living room, kitchen, dining room and so on. Something as simple as a fridge, sink, stove, table and chairs for a kitchen is impossible to acquire at present.

Wizard101 is evolving and I think it's really long past time that KI gave serious thought to houses and what people do with them. And provide a much richer set of options and addons than we have now (and by richer I don't mean charge us crowns for stuff).

Right now, you can easily have kitchens. They have wood burning ovens. Keep in mind this is A BIT of a medieval game, because of the fact that people do not believe in wizards and witches in present day. So modern fridges and stoves will not be acceptable, and will just look to present day.

I also tend to forget the fact that this is suppose to be back in time a bit, but if you disagree, just wonder about everything,

Dragons : Are they here in present day.

Scrolls : Do we use scrolls instead of paper?

Horses : Do people ride on horses and other mounts constantly? ( No event necessary. )

Just things like that make this game set back in time a bit. ( And i mean more than a bit. )

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It's not that KI's ignoring this; there's just no point to making interact-able (sorry I'm making up words; I've been at school all day and I'm tired) furniture in its present state. This isn't The Sims. We don't need to interact with furniture. Plus, what would we be able to do? Light candles? "Read" books? Sit? Why does everyone wanna be able to sit down in an adventure game? That kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be out and about in the Spiral than staying at home marveling at all the furniture I can interact with.

There would be a lot of work invested in a project like this, and for what? Nothing. Or at least that's my opinion. Unless you can give this a purpose KI will keep "considering" it, but won't actually do anything about it.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
There have been many, many posts regarding this. Almost everyone agrees. Why KI doesn't pay attention is beyond me. I see no harm in allowing people to sit, individually, at a table, in a chair, on a park bench, etc.

I'd expect they're working on it rather than ignoring. So many updates so far i'm sure it's been busy. I agree with this post except for laying in beds for special reasons.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
This is an awesome idea! I would love to sit with my friends at the dining table 8)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It's not that KI's ignoring this; there's just no point to making interact-able (sorry I'm making up words; I've been at school all day and I'm tired) furniture in its present state. This isn't The Sims. We don't need to interact with furniture. Plus, what would we be able to do? Light candles? "Read" books? Sit? Why does everyone wanna be able to sit down in an adventure game? That kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be out and about in the Spiral than staying at home marveling at all the furniture I can interact with.

There would a lot of work invested in a project like this, and for what? Nothing. Or at least that's my opinion. Unless you can give this a purpose KI will keep "considering" it, but won't actually do anything about it.

Because, it's pretty cool. I would love to sit in a chair so I can make better wizard101 movies. It doesn't mean it's the Sims if it's intractable. Some people want a break and just have fun with friends. It doesn't defeat the purpose, if you don't like it don't buy them or do it. Lighting a fire would be cool. Actually making a dinner would be awesome. I know what you'll say: "Making a dinner in an adventure game? What is the point?" It's just for fun

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

There would a lot of work invested in a project like this, and for what? Nothing. Or at least that's my opinion. Unless you can give this a purpose KI will keep "considering" it, but won't actually do anything about it.

By that logic, we don't need furniture at all. We also don't need houses, the ability to dye clothes, to play mini-games, or to even garden.

This is an MMO, which translates to a social adventure game. People enjoy the opportunity to hang out in their homes with friends. Some folks even enjoy role playing, which, housing offers a great setting to do so.

You'll find games with housing are very popular (as well as gardening). Ultima Online got the ball rolling on that. Many other MMOs followed suit. Many people love collecting and displaying items.

Some wizards enjoy a relaxing time at their hard-earned house after a long day of adventuring.

If nothing else, it would create an even bigger necessity/desire to own a house and furniture.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be out and about in the Spiral than staying at home marveling at all the furniture I can interact with.

Well, as the OP said, what's the point of having houses, crafting anything except gear, gardening, etc., if it's only a game about fighting and questing? To be honest, if battles and quests were the whole game, I wouldn't be playing it. I like that aspect, but I like having houses and decorating them, too. Not to make gendered generalizations (since I know quite a few guys who are into their houses as well), but I don't think this game would have as broad an appeal to girls/women if it were just about the fighting and adventuring. I never played any game before this one. Never. Not a gamer "type," I guess. Or at least I wasn't till my son got me into this game. What I like about it is the richness of the experience--adventuring, houses, gear, pets, etc. So yes, please let us sit down and discuss the day's events with our friends. It's weird to be in a house having a discussion and always standing up. I get tired just looking at myself standing there holding my staff, is if I'm ready to attack something all the time. I don't need to lie down, but let us sit! Oh, and maybe our pets could take naps in the corner, too... :-)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
UncleGlenny wrote:
By that logic, we don't need furniture at all. We also don't need houses, the ability to dye clothes, to play mini-games, or to even garden.

Exactly. The only activity I use from that list is dye my clothes, which I do think is important in an individuality way. None of my wizards have houses and that ones that do don't live in them. Furniture kinda sits in my backpack until I'm home and can throw some random things in my dorm room to make it look like someone lives there, and I sell the rest. I don't play mini-games; my pets are still babies and I buy my potions. I don't garden because I play so sporadically and I don't have the will to do so anyway.

This is an MMO, which translates to a social adventure game. People enjoy the opportunity to hang out in their homes with friends. Some folks even enjoy role playing, which, housing offers a great setting to do so.

You'll find games with housing are very popular (as well as gardening). Ultima Online got the ball rolling on that. Many other MMOs followed suit. Many people love collecting and displaying items.

Some wizards enjoy a relaxing time at their hard-earned house after a long day of adventuring.

If nothing else, it would create an even bigger necessity/desire to own a house and furniture.

You can do all of this now.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
UncleGlenny wrote:

Exactly. The only activity I use from that list is dye my clothes, which I do think is important in an individuality way. None of my wizards have houses and that ones that do don't live in them. Furniture kinda sits in my backpack until I'm home and can throw some random things in my dorm room to make it look like someone lives there, and I sell the rest. I don't play mini-games; my pets are still babies and I buy my potions. I don't garden because I play so sporadically and I don't have the will to do so anyway.

You can do all of this now.

So basically, you don't do half the game, missing out on a ton of stuff, and just battle. Well, ok, your decision. This bit may be off topic but I am tired of you complaining, please stop and enjoy the dorms. Just cause the poster puts it does not mean it's automatically in the game. I really like the concept of this idea though...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
So basically, you don't do half the game, missing out on a ton of stuff, and just battle. Well, ok, your decision. This bit may be off topic but I am tired of you complaining, please stop and enjoy the dorms. Just cause the poster puts it does not mean it's automatically in the game. I really like the concept of this idea though...

Exactly what have I said that can be seen as complaining? He posted an idea; I gave him feedback. Would you rather me keep my mouth shut? Of course I know this is an idea! I'm a Legendary poster last time I checked; it'd be kinda strange if I didn't know that by now. I do enjoy The Dorms; I like reading the ideas that people post here and giving them my feedback. Sometimes it's all I have to look forward to. I doubt I'd be an active member of this Forum if I didn't enjoy being an active member of this Forum, and I resent being treated like I'm this menacing, nefarious dragon, ready to breathe fire on people's ideas and burn them to a crisp. That's not how I mean to come off, and I'm sorry if I do.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
I agree. I sometimes think about just selling everything in my house cause there is nothing i can do with my items! Plus, I have a bridge item, and its like a waste because I can't put it over the water at my house! WE NEED TO INTERACT WITH OUR HOUSES!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
EvanJadepetal wrote:
Keep in mind this is A BIT of a medieval game,

Wizard city might look slightly (only slightly) medieval, but no other world does, and most of the houses do not.

most of the clothing doesn't either.