Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New elements.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am sure this may have been mentioned in different places, but I figured I'd make this a fresh one.

With addition of possible a new world or adventure, and wizards at this point in time being somewhat bored (from what I read on several posts), I'd have some ideas for new schools. (Elements.)

WATER

Water school. Water generally being support or part healing, water school would be just that. So far, there are treasure cards that cast damaging spells and stun, dot, or heal at the same time.

Well, those are treasure cards. Water school could be a school that *naturally* learns water type magic that primarily does part damage, and can dot (single or group), heal/heal dot (single or party), and stun at the same time. Another variation of a spell could be a water spell that removes a single ward or charm at a time.

SPIRIT (Soul, Mind, etc)

Spirit school.

I have read plenty of times where player question as to why a Balance student can learn Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap, yet has no natural spell in their arsenal to even take advantage of that.

I'd say, Spirit school would be a complement to the Balance school. If anything, I'd say Balance school gets a few spells to take advantage of their Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap in lieu of a brand new Spirit school.

Spirit school would be everything a Balance is, but a master of everything Spirit magic. (Life, Death, and Myth.)

WIND

Wind school. I don't think there are any spells that are wind related, except maybe the sandstorm from Balance. A new school using almost exclusive wind based attacks might be a fresh addition to the original schools, and could be a direct complement/relative to the Storm school.

Mechanics wise, Wind school would be a primarily damage type, higher damage and lower accuracy. Perhaps what could be unique to the Wind school, is for that school to possess attacks that could affect the cards in player's/monster's hands. Damage, plus 'fizzling' all the player's cards currently in hand and having them reshuffled into the deck. Which by the way, could very well be a Spirit school spell.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I am sure this may have been mentioned in different places, but I figured I'd make this a fresh one.

With addition of possible a new world or adventure, and wizards at this point in time being somewhat bored (from what I read on several posts), I'd have some ideas for new schools. (Elements.)

WATER

Water school. Water generally being support or part healing, water school would be just that. So far, there are treasure cards that cast damaging spells and stun, dot, or heal at the same time.

Well, those are treasure cards. Water school could be a school that *naturally* learns water type magic that primarily does part damage, and can dot (single or group), heal/heal dot (single or party), and stun at the same time. Another variation of a spell could be a water spell that removes a single ward or charm at a time.

SPIRIT (Soul, Mind, etc)

Spirit school.

I have read plenty of times where player question as to why a Balance student can learn Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap, yet has no natural spell in their arsenal to even take advantage of that.

I'd say, Spirit school would be a complement to the Balance school. If anything, I'd say Balance school gets a few spells to take advantage of their Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap in lieu of a brand new Spirit school.

Spirit school would be everything a Balance is, but a master of everything Spirit magic. (Life, Death, and Myth.)

WIND

Wind school. I don't think there are any spells that are wind related, except maybe the sandstorm from Balance. A new school using almost exclusive wind based attacks might be a fresh addition to the original schools, and could be a direct complement/relative to the Storm school.

Mechanics wise, Wind school would be a primarily damage type, higher damage and lower accuracy. Perhaps what could be unique to the Wind school, is for that school to possess attacks that could affect the cards in player's/monster's hands. Damage, plus 'fizzling' all the player's cards currently in hand and having them reshuffled into the deck. Which by the way, could very well be a Spirit school spell.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we actually already have those schools. Storm is wind and water and Spirit is a group of three classes Myth, Life, and Death.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

WATER

SPIRIT (Soul, Mind, etc)

Spirit school.

WIND

I like the idea of love hate and sorrow